Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Would/Have you buy/sold an ATV on EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would/Have you buy/sold an ATV on EBAY

Shipping can be pretty expensive, that can kill what you thought was a good deal. Probably expect to pay I'm guessing from $300-500 for shipping. The Blaster I bought above was like 2-3 hours away for me so I just drove out and got it. My thoughts are that if you cannot get it yourself, shipping will make the deal not that great. There is one ATV store on eBay that offers free shipping out of Arkansas I think it was, but his reserves tended to be higher to compensate for that.

Old 01-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just thought I would share a little recent experience. I bid on a 2005 Brute Force and lost (the reserve price was not met). I was contacted 1 day later by the "seller" about a second chance offer. After getting really excited, I calmed down and did a little homework. The guy wanted me to Western Union the money to a person in Chicago, even though the ATV was in Minnesota. After a few emails back and forth, I called the number on the listing and spoke to the real seller. He advised me it was a fraud and he apologized. He said this has happened a few times to him in the past. He owns a used cycle store in Minn., so he has many auctions.

I was just checking my email and low and behold another "second chance" offer just arrived from a different auction which I was the losing bidder. My guess, another fraud, since my bid was really low on that bike.

The real sad part, neither my police department nor the Chicago police want to persue it. IT IS GRAND LARCENY! I am done with bidding on Ebay. Too much fraud. So sad too.

BW

Old 01-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

We bought our last TRV on Ebay for $5300. Sent a overnight deposit of $100 and jumped in the truck and drove to Tennessee and back in two days. The TRV had 4.2 miles on it and it was in perfect as-new condition. We have bought cars, boats, trucks, airplanes, outboards, mini-bikes, electronics, and about 200 other items off of ebay, motorcycle helmets, snowmobile helmet, GPS, boots, etc -you name it.
My only suggetion would be to be carefull with persons who have not sold many items and have less than 97% positive feed back. I buy a lot of ATV accessories off of ebay. A lot of fishing equipment and camping gear. The scam artists kind of stand out if you know what to look for.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

I got both my Dirt Bikes off ebay.
What i do with ebay motor purchases is see if they require a deposit within a certin amount of time, most of them are within 48 hours and i never buy anything off there out of driving range. after i win i contact the person and tell them i will be there within the 48 hours with cash for the full amount. This has always worked great for me and no risk ether.