Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Any Recommendations On Where To Buy A Used Trailer In N. CA?

Old 01-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Recommendations On Where To Buy A Used Trailer In N. CA?

Looking for a single axle, 2 atv trailer.

Old 01-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Ebay.com

Old 01-18-2005, 03:25 AM
Quad Patrol

I'd suggest getting a r/v trader magazine and look through it. You can find some used and new ones in there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] also, check out Sacramento Bee. I heard they have links to the internet through their classifieds. But, I wouldn't buy anything, I couldn't drive to and look at. Depending on where you live in northern Ca. there are a few trailer places along hwy 99 between Sacramento and Merced.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I'd suggest getting a r/v trader magazine and look through it. You can find some used and new ones in there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] also, check out Sacramento Bee. I heard they have links to the internet through their classifieds. But, I wouldn't buy anything, I couldn't drive to and look at. Depending on where you live in northern Ca. there are a few trailer places along hwy 99 between Sacramento and Merced.
Thanks both of you for the input.

rescuediver
Just noticed the username. My friend has a boat at the bottom of Camp Far West and has a had a couple of divers try to locate it. There is another team going down some time this week, I believe.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

There is a trailer dealer on 205 in Tracy, I have driven past and seen used trailers and chinese quads too!
Wish I could remember the name, sorry.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Range Rover

I've been looking for an atv trailer myself, i'd like to be able to haul 2-3 atvs. I went out today and looked, so far Stockmen supply in Elk Grove seems to have the best answer for me. They carry eagle trailers, made in oregon. They will make a trailer to your specifications. I'm looking at side or rear loading, with built in ramps, and stake pockets, which allows you to convert it to carry loads. 5 and a half by whatever length you want, they also make a 6 and half width. Starting right about $1300. It looks like a well built trailer to me, i like it better than the carson.

Old 01-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: regor
I've been looking for an atv trailer myself, i'd like to be able to haul 2-3 atvs. I went out today and looked, so far Stockmen supply in Elk Grove seems to have the best answer for me. They carry eagle trailers, made in oregon. They will make a trailer to your specifications. I'm looking at side or rear loading, with built in ramps, and stake pockets, which allows you to convert it to carry loads. 5 and a half by whatever length you want, they also make a 6 and half width. Starting right about $1300. It looks like a well built trailer to me, i like it better than the carson.
For the side loader: 5.5 (66") and 6.5 (78") seem too narrow. My wife's Polaris 400 Sportsman is 6.75 (81") and that doesn't allow for the front brush guard and the rear bumper that I haven't installed yet. I will check them out though.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Quad Patrol

rescuediver
Just noticed the username. My friend has a boat at the bottom of Camp Far West and has a had a couple of divers try to locate it. There is another team going down some time this week, I believe.
Where's Camp Far West located[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]never heard of it. Do you know if your friend is using someone by the name of Steve?

oldmoboat and regor, Here's a link to a trailer place in Manteca. I use a 16' foot car trailer to haul my quads on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img](pictures in my photo page[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) that was purchased here. The trailer is well built(IMO). Customer service could be improved a little[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Another friend of mine, says they have a trailer that sounds like one you guys might be looking for. He says it's big enough to haul his 4 quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I didn't see it on their web site though. I attached it just in case you want to check them out.

trailers

Old 01-19-2005, 03:24 AM
Range Rover

I measured my eiger, and king quad. If you measure from tire to tire, there right at 5', or a little under. The salesman said they could leave a little lip on the side of the trailer, that way your tires would bite onto that lip when you strap them in. who cares if the bumpers hang over a little. They'll still be way inside the outside of the wheel well. Go to http://www.itec-inc.com/frames/trail...gle/eagle.html ,and click on single axle trailers, and look at the atv trailer. This is the one that i looked at today.