Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

When is it time to trade in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When is it time to trade in?

I doubt any dealer will want to touch a machine more than 3 years old. Anything older than that is getting kind of iffy. Ask youself this question.. if you are going to look at buying a used ATV, how old is too old for you to feel comfortable with? Then think about how you see the typical ATV operated... and how you operate one... and you may want to rethink your answers...

I always buy new... I just don't trust people to keep the oil changed, the bearings greased etc...

Old 01-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

yeah thats true u make a very good point but me when i buy used i usally brign ti to the dealer have them look it ovathen take it home and replace all that needs to b replaces such as oil bearings things like that

Old 01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

used machines make me nervous because you don't know why they were traded in the first place a one that seems to good to be true probably is. for example i just saw an 03 vinson with only 28 miles on it at my dealership that's just not right.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

You can't always tell... I have a rubicon that I have owned for two years now and probably have about the same or less on it.

Victim of health issues these past two seasons... staring at another surgery on the knee in the next month or two... so this summer is at risk as well. It sure is heck getting old. Good news, the Cardiologist is now saying we are going to put the bypass on hold for now... so at least I don't have that staring at me in the face.

The screws in the knee have had a persistant infection. After two years, they are still giving me fits, so the doctor says it is time for them to come out before I lose the leg. They are becoming loose.. and we all knew I had a screw loose anyway so what is one more right?

Besides, I want to hold and play with that grandson of mine for years to come, and I need good wheels to do that with...

Old 02-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Range Rover

Draggin,

I'll bet that Rubi will run just a good in a couple of years when you get your health back as it does now. As long as it's not sitting outside while it waits on you.

Getting back your health is more important than taking a chance and ruining a knee for an hour of fun today. I have a 12 year old granddaughter and 3 year old grandson. Taking her trail riding on her 90cc has been a blast even though we don't go fast. At three, he loves riding with me around the barn lot (too young and dangerous for trails). Follow the doc's orders so you can ride with the grandkids in the future.

Old 02-06-2005, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider

WHEN YOU GET TO BIG FOR IT OR WHEN YOU GET TIRED OF IT

Old 02-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
Sell then buy. Never trade.
Agree with this. You get reamed on trade ins. Sell it yourself and make more $$