Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Need a little proding.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little proding.

I am almost there. I am about to buy a Kingquad and an Ozark 250. Useing this forum and reading mags., I have decided to go with Suzuki. My local dealer is getting sick of me hanging around the dealership checking out every atv there. I figure that if I am about to lay down 10k cash for these toys they can handle a slightly over intrested customer. I need a little affermation. A kick in the but if you will! Will the Kingquad hold up to grading a gravel parking lot with a box blade? All the other stuff I plan on useing if for it will handle. Hunting, playing at the dunes, basicly busting a hole in this need fore something diffrent. I am pretty easy going, but am a freak about quality. Do you think that Suzuki is the right choice? I would like to hear from a mechanic and salesman, or anyone in the know. Sorry about the spelling. Gratuated from UGA, majored in parrrrtying. You might be a redneck if you put white walls on your atv! Belive it or not, to save a few bucks this farmer friend of mine found some used white wall car tires that fit his atv. He chases cows around on this thing wearing a Elmer Fudd hat. Got the picture! So as you can see, there is no need to imperss my friends on this one. Thanks for any constructive input. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

I would NOT buy a King Quad yet. The first year (current ones) have a nasty habit of losing reverse. Evidently a bearing or bushing doesn't get enough lubrication, causing the shaft and bushing to weld itself to the case. If you go to the Suzuki forum over at Highlifter, this problem is well documented. If Suzuki fixes this design flaw, I think the KQ would be very hard to improve on.

Old 02-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

You've already decided, get it already. Or if you want to save some cash, go find a used twin peaks. It doen't have IRS but has a bit more power and speed.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Next time you are at the dealer's, and he says something .. tell him to make you a deal of a lifetime on two machines, and follow through. You are missing some good riding time...