Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Best and Biggest EFI ATV

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best and Biggest EFI ATV

Looking at purchasing possibly a Polaris 800 EFI....

Is there another EFI 700 + ( I think Suzuki has one) on the market that I should look at before my purchase. I live on a farm and need raw horsepower with dependability.

Thanks,
Richard

Old 03-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Noway is there a better quad with more power. dont you guys brute force me... it's not EFI.
and the suzuki kingquad 700 EFI only has 900lbs od towing????? the sp has 1500lbs of towing i mean my 300 king had 900lbs of towinf polaris is tha most powerfull out there

Old 03-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ya know I looked at the brute force....and not only does it NOT have EFI..... the IRS looks like a toy! Plus I like the Polaris with headlights on the frame and handlebar - front storage - braided lines - 100 more CC - etc

Old 03-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

actuly the 800 is only a 760 and the bf is a 749 i think... but there is no contest between the two!
i meen look @ the pure grunt of the polaris atvs. unbeleavable!

Old 03-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

I own a BF 750 and ride with a Bro-in-Law who has a Polaris 800. The BF has way more power the Polaris. The BF is faster and climbs better. The Polaris has a nice ride and is really peppy for how big it is. Both are good quads, but the Polaris seems much more tame and work oriented. The BF rides almost like a sport quad and has a tight suspension. The magazines have been knocking the BF on it handling. I don't really know what these editor types ride when there're not pushing papers across their desk, but the quad handles well. With a few tweaks in the suspension a set of ITP C-series wheels and a little weight on the front the Brute is unstoppable. Sliding a 600 pound quad around a corner and slidding an 800 pound quad around a corner, the 600 pounder will be easier to control. I really wonder how much seat time these magazines types really have anyways, or is it that they handed the quad of the year to Kawi in 2004 so they needed a new advertiser to win this year? Seems to me they really try to spread the awards around to keep all the big paying players happy.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yeah if i was to buy a newer quad and it was from japan i would go with the kawi but i am polaris thru and thru. sorry but it is better for work and nice trailriding trust me it's a nice quad.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Range Rover

A friend of mine has a BF and it is sittin in his garage...he has had som many problems with that thing it isn't even funny....It may not be the quads fault because he has done so my mods to it that it kould be his fault but i do know it is faster than the 800 but is expected from a 200 lbs difference...you kan't compare power tho bc i mean the towing capacitities explain it all...

Old 03-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

i seen the shootout dyno's of all the big boys in an atv magazine and it showed the BF having more all the way through then the 800 polaris. polaris may have the biggest engine displacement but not by much. the weight of the 800 is entirely way to much. so polaris does have the biggest but by no means has the most power and is the highest maintanance of any machine on the market. the only reason they claim they can pull so much more is cause of the weight and the polaris lawyers tell them that they should be able to advertise it for this much pulling weight and it should be safe. i dunno bout you guys but if i had a multimillion dollar atv industry i would downplay what that machine can actually pull stop and be safe doing it. i have pulled well over 1500 pounds easily and safely with my fourwheeler and i believe it is ranked to pull 1000 or something so it just takes common sense.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: weez440 so polaris does have the biggest but by no means has the most power and is the highest maintanance of any machine on the market.
Why do you say that? Are you saying that none of the other manufactures require you to change the oil or other fluids? How would that, and 3 grease zirks make the Polaris have the highest maintence??? I just dont see your reasoning behind that.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

king quad fer sure. I have a Grizzly and it does all I ask it to with no hesitation, or any problems. I could have gotten the BF or the KQ, never a Polaris (personal opinion there) and I went with the Grizz. Not a new year model, so the bugs have been worked out, no issues with EFI as I always warm mine up anyways, and it's a true 660 cc. not called a 660 and really a 620cc. And polaris' 400 is really a 425cc what's that about? Anyways, between the BF, KQ or P800, I would go with the KQ. I like the BF, but the KQ gets my overall vote.

Quick Reply: Best and Biggest EFI ATV