Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Honda,Kawisaki,suzuki,or yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda,Kawisaki,suzuki,or yamaha

i'm lookin for a used bike in 125 or 250 class which brand is better

Old 08-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In here, I use the term "bike" to mean a quad, but I think you mean a 2-stroke 2-wheeler??? If so, really depends on which year you are talking about.

If you mean a quad, the Honda 250EX or Recon is my choice in this class. Better yet a 250R!

Old 08-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

dot dot dot

Old 08-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

KTM!!!

Old 08-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Just pick a color they're all the same. I hear you have to have a lot of two wheel experience the minor diffs. they have.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

Can't go wrong with Suzuki.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

U understood what i ment recon

Old 08-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I would keep my eyes peeled for a suzuki ozark. They dont resale that great and people often let them go for less than they are worth. They are suprisingly peppy and agile for a bike their size and are of good quality.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here's a hint...don't buy a Yamaha.
While my info, I afully admit, is outdated, I bought a yamaha boat about 5 years back. I had the worst experience ever with Yamaha. They would tell me one thing on the phone, and when I have them mail/fax me the same information, it would be completely different. They kept giving me the run around untill my warranty eventually expired, then said sorry about your luck. I must have called them, litterally 50 times in less then six months, and not once, would they mail, or fax me the same thing they would tell me on the phone. So, I started looking in the forums of course, and someone brought up the BBB (better business bureau) at that time, they had many complaints similiar to the problems I was having. Failure to obey contract or something like that. I looked around, Honda had the best, Kaw and Suz were about the same, and Yamaha was way below them all. I am talking about the manufacturer, not the dealerships, though the dealership I went to was worthless as well.

If you are thinking about dropping a few grand on a quad, spend 10 minutes on the BBB site and look up the current info on the companies, as I'm guessing things have changed some in the past 5 years. While you are there, might as well look up the dealerships you are thinking about going through. 5 years ago, I remember being completely shocked, that big name companies, could get away with the amount of complaints that they were recieving. Hopefully things have changed, and best of luck to you.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

danballa, sorry to hear about your bad experience. I think that a good dealership will take care of you when it comes to warranty work. I wonder if a different dealer would have given you a much better experience?

Quick Reply: Honda,Kawisaki,suzuki,or yamaha