Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Suzuki King vs. Kawi Brute 750... Please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki King vs. Kawi Brute 750... Please help!!!!

I have narrowed it down to these two. I currently have a 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO RSE, which has been a really good ATV until the last year or so and I have been fighting overheating issues. I live just south of "HOTLanta" (Atlanta, Ga) and typically use my atv for hunting and some recreational use. I ride in a good deal of deep, soupy mud as I hunt for wild hogs. Any suggestions?? I have read many, many posts on this forum about tie rod problems on the Brute, Reverse problems on the King.....What should I DO?????

Old 08-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

hey, I'm just a rookie but I do a ton of research...how about waiting for an '06 KQ like I am doing?

Old 08-23-2005, 03:04 AM
Range Rover

Amen on the 2006 KQ. Plus, that new olive drab green color looks awesome. It's what I'll be getting, too, unless the Grizz causes me to sway.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

dshoe, that is exactly what I want...a green '06 KQ!

Old 08-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Trailblazer

I was just recently in the same shoes you are in. I rode all the 4 wheelers out there and tested them extensively. Here's the trouble I experienced with the Kawasaki's.

When going from 2 to 4 wheel drive it did not engage instantly like the king quad
when in 4 wheel drive and trying to engage the differential lock it took close to 20 feet for it to engage and disengage.
The 750 sat up too high and every time I drove it around the shed at the dealer, it felt like I was going to fall off the thing.
The 750, 700, and the 650 have plenty of power, however at slow speeds for me to spray my fence rows, the EBS system kept engaging making it sound awful. I tried every 4 wheeler out there going fast and creeping. I just purchased an 05' King Quad Red with a 2500 winch last week, and made sure the CDI had been replaced and the reverse limiter switch was upgraded due to the recall. All that was documented and should have no problems.

I myself was going to wait for a camo 06' King Quad, but since I needed one before deer season and could not wait till december and no new upgrades were to be an 06', I said to myself, I can get what I want and being an 05' get a better deal just not camo. At a later time I could buy the camo plastic if I want too.

My two I narrowed it down too was a 660 grizzly, and a King quad. Once I rode both, it was an easy choice.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:44 AM
Range Rover

Beardman - I have a friend who just bought a new Rubicon. Now, he wants to get rid of his BF 750 for all the same reasons you mentioned in your post. Obviously a good call staying away from the BF 750. I've ridden a new 2005 Grizz. It was very nice, and much more than what I was expecting it to be. I haven't taken the KQ for a spin, yet, but I will soon. The EFI on the KQ is probably the number one reason why I would go with it over the Grizz. Of course, there is talk about a new 2007 model Grizz to be released with EFI, but I don't want to wait that long before I buy.

In your opinion, what specifically, in the way of each machine's ride, sold you easily on the KQ?

Old 08-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer

The transmission is so very smooth. Cannot even feel it switch over from low to high speeds

Independent rear suspension. Very comfortable

The front suspension has stabilizer bars for added support.

The exhaust is stainless, the only one out there.

Added an extra storage compartment.

The gas tank is under the seat. The machine itself is lower to the ground, the center of gravity is proportionate to the bike for all size riders.
It's lower to the ground than any other big bore out there, and safer on hill sides and quick turns, the turning radius is not as bad as others out there

the differential lock is instant in and out.

The 4 wheel drive is instant in and out.

The efi is crisp and responsive, no hesitiation.

I rode all the bikes the same day and was able to compare all at one time. Then I went back again to the ones I narrowed it down too. Then I took a buddy and he did the same thing and we made our decision without talking to each other and the reasons listed above were all the same.

This is just a few reasons just for starters....

Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Range Rover

Beardman - Thanks for the additional information!

Old 08-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

beardman, I'm sold.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer

I was in the same boat you guys were just in. I'm just trying to help a brother out...

Quick Reply: Suzuki King vs. Kawi Brute 750... Please help!!!!