Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

To ANYONE that is thinking about buying an ATV

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To ANYONE that is thinking about buying an ATV

Hey everyone,
I just read a post asking about Hon, Kaw, Suz, Yam, and who he should go with. I wanted to point out in a new topic, that about 5 years ago, I learned a very expensive lesson the hard way. I bought a Yamaha jet boat, and had nothing but problems. They would tell me one thing on the phone, and then mail, or fax me completely different information, with different terms. I ended up getting screwed out of a lot of money. Long story short, I started reading on forums, and someone brought up the topic of the BBB ( better business bureau ) I looked at the 4 names mentioned above, and Honda was the best, Kaw and Suz were about the same, and a distant last was Yamaha. Now before I get scorned by the Yamaha faithful, I again, admit this was 5 years ago. Things might have changed since then.

To anyone really looking to drop anywhere from a couple grand, to close to 10 grand, why not spend 10 minutes and look up the dealer (mine sucked I later found out) and the manufacturer? if 10 minutes of research, can save you, or anyone else the headaches I went through it is well worth it. Might as well add in Polaris, Bomb, and A C as well. Maybe post back your results, about either dealers, or the manufacturer. Personally, I think this could be a very good topic to keep going for awhile. I'm not looking to buy an ATV yet, but very soon I am. I'm kinda tied up over the weekend, but I'll look into it on Monday and start posting some results.