Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Is this 2 Good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this 2 Good to be true?

www.toylease.ca

Remember these are Canadian Prices, but hey they still sound great. Its inclueds a $1000 of accesories with every new sled or ATV.

Anyone try this? <!--emo&:fluffy:--><!--endemo-->

Toy Lease is a unique program for the outdoorsman who likes to have all the new toys.

Toy Lease will offer you, the customer, the opportunity to drive a new ATV every spring and a new Sled every winter with a low monthly payment plan. Toy Lease offers 4 levels of membership to suit your desired level of performance.

Benefits of Joining the Program
drive a new vehicle every season
no more storage fees
no more pre-season check-ups
no need to purchase an extended warranty
your ATV or Sled is always under warranty
Too good to be true?

Old 04-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

<H4>A new Toy twice a year! </H4>
In the Spring, you pick up, or we deliver, your new ATV. At the same time you order your new Sled for Winter. Just before Winter, you trade your ATV in for a new Sled and order your new ATV for Spring. This cycle continues as long as you remain a member.
We offer four membership levels. Each membership level consists of a selection of ATVs and sleds. Despite there only being four levels, you are given the flexibility to either increase or decrease from one membership level to another as your needs change.

Old 04-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Interesting...

Possible downsides:
You may have more info than me, but I didn't see anything on their site about the $1000 of accessories.
$440 X 12 months = $5228 Let's say that each atv/sled was sold after the first year of being leased, and each unit were marked down about $1000 from list price. That means that they would make about $3000 profit per member. (Just thinking outloud.)
Good equipment is offered, but what if it weren't exactly what you really wanted?
I wonder about the lease. Is it like auto leases were you pay for every nick and scratch (other than normal wear and tear)? That could be expensive.
Insurance would be extra.
I feel that for $5000 , I could buy a new atv/sled per year, and probably have money leftover.

I'm not trying to be negative, just listing some things to think about. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: IdahoVinnie
Interesting...Possible downsides:You may have more info than me, but I didn't see anything on their site about the $1000 of accessories.$440 X 12 months = $5228 Let's say that each atv/sled was sold after the first year of being leased, and each unit were marked down about $1000 from list price. That means that they would make about $3000 profit per member. (Just thinking outloud.)Good equipment is offered, but what if it weren't exactly what you really wanted?I wonder about the lease. Is it like auto leases were you pay for every nick and scratch (other than normal wear and tear)? That could be expensive.Insurance would be extra.I feel that for $5000 , I could buy a new atv/sled per year, and probably have money leftover.I'm not trying to be negative, just listing some things to think about. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Its a New sled and ATV every season and $1000 of Accessories per toy! its works out to less that $2500 per toy!. Also I asked about scratch and they said thats normal wear and tear. You just can't hit a tree with it.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not the lease type but, Dammm, Chit thats sounds alright to me