ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Buying an ATV (https://atvconnection.com/forums/buying-atv/)
-   -   Roketa is JUNK! Stay away from this brand! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/buying-atv/242861-roketa-junk-stay-away-brand.html)

Flyby 06-23-2006 09:25 PM

Roketa is JUNK! Stay away from this brand!

Recently purchased a New Roketa RTS-250WW - delivered on 6/1/06. Out of the crate the quad had problems. Missing bolts (had to solve that by going down to Home Depot) and a bad clutch assembly (I mean it's not working at all)! I'm a pretty patient guy and don't mind putting a wrench to the quad but come on ~ defective out of the crate! What's bad about the whole deal is that dealer is less than responsive (finally confirmed my parts order today) and they can't even tell me when the parts will be in! Based on a lot of posts on the web it looks like Roketa is building a following of unhappy customers. So, for all of you potential buyers who are reading this post...Please think twice about what you're about to spend your money on! If you don't mind gambling on what condition the quad will be in when it arrives or if it will even be working; and you don't mind playing mechanic, waiting for parts, and a general lack of response from Roketa than spend away! If you want to avoid all this there are other "made in China" brands out there with much better track records based on what I've seen and read. You'd be better of even buying a used Japanese model from eBay or ATVTraderOnline than wasting money on a headache like Roketa!

ajd187 06-25-2006 07:49 PM

Chinese made == CRAP. Save up for a newer Japanese model or buy a used one. You will have less problems and will always be able to get parts.

I looked at some Chinese made dirtbikes when I was buying a mini and the fit and finish just wasn't there. The quality was far lower than the used XR70R I ended up buying.

Flyby 06-25-2006 09:02 PM

Thanks ajd187 ~ good advice. How do you like the KFX700? I just purchased one over the weekend. Picking it up tomorrow. Any mods you'd recommend? thiking about a DMC Alien exhaust, new primary spring, aftermarket (Dlaton) overdrive clutch cover and dual snorkels + K&N air filter. Any thoughts?

T

Sean10171 07-06-2006 03:59 PM

Don't buy roketa the clutch are bad and the starters will go on you as well. But hinda parts fit it.

ridinsome 07-10-2006 04:48 AM

I bought a Roketa from a local dealer, who stated on the invoice that this bike was an enduro. Well, he said he couldn't get one in right away, so I was put on a waiting list. 5 months later, he delivered this beautiful bike to my door... without any paperwork so I could get it titled. A few months later, trying through the dealer, I finally get a notarized certificate of origin to get the bike titled.
Surprise: these bikes are not street legal & are not enduros like the dealer said & wrote on the invoice!
MVD won't title them no matter what you do!!!
I've emailed & called Roketa in California numerous times, & FINALLY they sent me a certificate of origin from Goldenvale THAT IS NOT NOTARIZED, SO IT IS ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD TO ME!!!
If you are trying to buy a Roketa: RUN, DO NOT WALK!!!
They have ABSOLUTELY NO customer services & you WILL get screwed: AND NOT ina good way!!!
They will tell you WHATEVER you need to hear to get you to buy the bike, & THEN GOOD LUCK BUDDY!!!
The dealer who sold me the bike?: The guy who sold me the bike said HE owned the company. The next guy I dealt with told me HE owned the company... but he couldn't get the bank to notarize the certificate of origin, because HIS name wasn't on the bank account. The guy who IS the owner moved out of state! The other guy says he fired the seller: what a bunch of dickin' around!!!

Flyby 07-10-2006 12:27 PM

You nailed it...These guys have put together a good marketing scam to convince new buyers to go for their product. Don't care what any so called Roketa Dealers have to say...they're having the same poor quality / poor support experiences like us frustrated customers. No parts under warranty (I've been waiting three weeks for a clutch assembly), non-existant customer support and worst of all good people are still falling victim to their shady tactics! I've moved on and purchased a new Kawasaki ~ awesome machine with no issues...best part is I have four dealers within 50 miles that are All Reputable!

ridinsome 07-10-2006 12:39 PM

Yeah, I bought 2 Harleys & a Suzuki. It wasn't a matter of money. I just wanted some friggin' service, for Pete's sake!!!

Sean10171 07-10-2006 12:49 PM

Hey Flyby I waited three months for them to say they would send the wrong parts I needed to fix my clutch. I finally went and found parts that fit it. Honda parts fit perfect. Its unfair that we have to fix these bikes our selfs. After I finaly fixxed that it ran fine for a little while then a couple of bolts and nuts fell off. Had to find new ones and replace them. This past week couldn't get it to start and pulled parts and checked every since wire nothing and finaly relized the problem was in the hand brake so just disconected the problem. Brakes still work. Went and rode it the other day and now I can't get it to downshift past second. So kinda interesting watching a guy in a feild running next to his quad and tryin to jump on it to go. I have yet to even try and fix this problem. I just want to throw it off a bridge so nobody else has to deal with it. I hate this thing. Ya no customer service what so ever.

Flyby 07-26-2006 10:56 PM

I feel for you Sean10171! I've been waiting a month + for mine. Dealer keeps telling me he made a mistake and had to "re-order" This piece-o-junk quad just sits it the corner of my garage now...Roketa is a worthless piece of junk comany anyway. They pulled the forum on their website and disabled the "dealer locator" If I could get the 250 running I'd drive it up their bigoleass! Mike Turber (the chump that heads up Roketa) is a disgrace to the business. I also scraped my son's Roketa RTM 110 (absolutely NO low end torque for the smallest hills) and upgraded him to a Honda 250EX - that quad rocks! Terrible thing is more and more "internet dealers" keep popping up everyday. You'd think these guys would get a clue. I'm sticking to the Japanese models from now on. I rolled my Kawasaki 700 for the first time last weekend. Like the true tough V-Force Champ that it is there was very little damage and I was able to finish my - ride bent tie rod, dented rim and all.

Sean10171 07-26-2006 11:09 PM

Ya,I know what you mean. I just can't believe people will still sell these this. Well now I can't get to down shift past second still. I'm gonna open up the clutch and see what that is doin. I want to just pull it all apart and place a new motor, clutch, and transmission. But I know I won't. I'll end up buying a Japenesse bike soon.