Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Buying a new 4x4, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new 4x4, need opinions

Well after much consideration, this is what I have decided. I will stick with the Kodiak for one more year, plan to save up, and then I'm going with the 700 griz. I've just had too go of luck with the Kod and after reading a little more about the belt drives, I think that Yamaha truly does make the best transmission. I also looked at the Suzuki 700 after hearing so much about them, but my friend who has only ridden 2 times on his new quad has gotten the belt wet twice (and took much longer to dry out than the Kod ever did, BTW we were both riding the same creeks and I didn't have a problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]), can't seem to keep the fenders from popping apart, and lost a valve stem while riding. So, I'm going to stick with what I know. Thanks for the imput
CW

Old 10-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yo big Dan! How does that big Honda run? One fo the reasons I have been leaning toward the bomber is ths capability of carrying two. However, I hear they are moving manufacturing to Mexico and that does not sound promising. So I am forced to rethink the whole thing and am looking at all the manufacturers. It sounds like you like your Hondas? Martel

Old 10-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Martel, I love my Rincon. It suits me perfectly. No, its not the most powerful out there, but it is very refined! I love the way it feels on the trail at high speeds. I just got the new ATV Rider magazine with atv of the year shootout. They did chose the Can-AM 800, but they called the Rincon the Trail King.
As far as BRP, I have heard about that move to Mexico also about a year ago. Heard nothing since. Don't know if its true or not. If they are, I think its a bad move on their part. They have a good thing going and that will hurt it.
You are pretty limited in quad that are designed for 2 riders. As far as I know its just Can-Am, Arctic Cat, and Polaris unless you want a UTV.
Yes, I love my Hondas. I might change to something else some day. It depends on who comes out with what.