Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Best used ATV???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best used ATV???

Originally posted by: v2rider
Some people told me not to touch Polaris,Arctic Cat and Bombardier.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

???????? These are some of the best rated ATVs available. They are also the only three that offer TWO person ATVs. I guess im confused as to where this info came from, as will others that chime in im sure

who says they are the best. there the bottom three before the chineese stuff.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Best used ATV???

I said SOME of the best, not THE best. Also, he said the ATV HAS to be for two. The only ones who offer a 2up atv are Polaris, Arctic Cat, and Can-Am. So what sense does it make to say, "stay away from those". ?

Old 10-22-2006, 10:54 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default Best used ATV???

$6500 Canadian for a 03 400 Kodiak with 2300KM is insane. My friend has his 03 660 grizzly with only 800 KM for sale for that price. Staying away from 3 manufacturers just reduced you buying selection badly,your getting some bad advice somewhere.

I sold my 2000 Honda 450ES for a 2001 Sportsman 500 and I feel like I,m in total new sport now, It thats much more enjoyable to ride.

I sold my Mint condition Honda+winch for $5000 Canadian with only 1500 KM on it. Less KM means more than year on used ATVs for me.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Best used ATV???

Absolutely right on that TLC .. down in Newfoundland though .. for a 2k3 Kodi .. you'd be looking over 5k for sure if it was in any shape at all ..

My friend has an 89 big bear with a ton of km on it .. he figures in the 60k range .. he keeps up on his maintenance and never puts it away dirty. It looks almost new and he's had offers from fellow around him for over 3k on that one. Guys down here sell their 84 big red's for over 2400 .. insane!!! I sold my 2k1 warrior for 2800 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Best used ATV???

Some people told me not to touch Polaris,Arctic Cat and Bombardier.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

???????? These are some of the best rated ATVs available. They are also the only three that offer TWO person ATVs. I guess im confused as to where this info came from, as will others that chime in im sure
>>>>>>>>>>

I agree with V-2 here. Sounds like another "I heard, read or someone told me AC, Polaris and BRP are junk". AC/Polaris/BRP are the the only ones who make quads designed for two people to ride, I'd stronly caution against getting something else and just plopping another rider on it. The Outlanders are about 100 lbs or more lighter then AC or Polaris, considering you'll have another passenger on board I'd take that into consideration as well, a Polaris with two passengers means you'll be lugging around a half ton or more when you're riding.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default Best used ATV???

Hi Plume, and welcome to the world of ATV. My wife has a 06 500 arctic cat TRV (two rider vechicle). And I have to say it is fantastic. There is more then enough room for her and I (I normally run my V2 650) just giving you an example of the room. The AC is a very comportable ride. We gave 6300 us dollars for it, no winch, 2 extra oil change kits, and after trouble with the dealer he paid our first payment. I have heard that the BRP/Can-AM dealer in Kalispell Montana is selling fully equipted Can-Am 400 2rider atv's for 6800 us dollars. I just thought I would throw in my .02

oldmancrash