Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

best atv for making it through deep mud?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best atv for making it through deep mud?

whats the best atv for making it through that deep mud? (650 cc or less) i want a good atv that makes it through the deep mud, while other people who try going through it get stuck.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy this one should get interesting. Not going by rider skill, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything better in the mud 650 or less than a Polaris or Artic Crap. Sorry Cat.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

I don't know why you would ask this question. You can bet that you are not going to get a straight answer from no one. Don't you know. What ever these guys own is the best. I would go find some results at the mud nationals and that would give you some kind of idea.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Well ...I have to say the kodiak 450 is prolly the best! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Suzuki Vinson semi-auto, (manual) mainly cause its gear drive, belt drive ATV's the belts slip thru the mud, and the Vinson has a torque sensing limited slip front differential. The Cam Am infomerticial you seen on TV is missleading cause Can Am used the Vinson Auto the Vinson with a belt drive against the Cam Am and the Can Am beat it, but if they used a Vinson manual it would eat the Can Am alive. Remember the Vinson comes in two choices the Automatic with a belt drive and the semi-auto thats gear drive, you want the semi-auto gear drive Vinson.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

The Vinson gets stuck going down a hill, much less in the mud.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

read the December 06 issue of ATV Action Magazine, they test the Vinson manual it got excellent marks on everything except brakes and ground clearance and they say the acceleration and engine power it has will match and exceed many of the bigger quads cause you have total control what gear to be in where ur auto belt drive makes up its own mind what gear its in, when ur riding ur automatic belt drive quad ur being held hostage by the engine untill it makes up its own mind what gear its in. Any gear drive atv is better than any belt drive! Yea they use rubber timing belts in car engines but that timing belt doesn't push around the whole weight of the car, that line was used and used by every Polaris dealer for years, I saved you the trouble.

Trending Topics

Old 11-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

I saw the Vinson get stuck going down the hill. That wasn't a stab it was a fact. Believe what you want. I ride with one and see it at every mud hole. Its a fast machine, but in stock form its no mudder.
Also the belts in car is being used to drive the car. Yes they have timing belts, but there going to drive belts. And I garrantee you Ford is also testing this.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

I would say the one that has the most money into it, the biggest tires, the biggest motor and the worlds super crazy driver and a super high snorkel tube, Most every company makes a great bike that you can mode to do just about anything if you got the money and guts.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

In order, for strictly mud rankings, my opinion is:

Arctic Cat
Can-Am
Yamaha
Polaris
Suzuki
Honda

Quick Reply: best atv for making it through deep mud?