Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Can't decide between Foreman 500 and Brute 650 SRA

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't decide between Foreman 500 and Brute 650 SRA

I am in the market for a new ATV but have been struggling with what to buy, I know everyone probably does. I have been going back and forth between a Foreman 500 and Brute 650 SRA. I like the honda because it's a safe buy with reliability and resale but it has a premium price and performance is not a high point. The Brute sounds like a very fun and powerful ATV but it appears to have questionable reliabilty and low resale. I am primarily looking at mid-priced ATV's and not really stuck on any brand. Any input to help with my choice would be appreciated

Old 11-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Resale value means nothing on an ATV or Motorcycle, I have owned and sold and traded in tons of bikes and atv's over the years. Make a plan of what ATV you really like and make a plan how long ur going to keep and own it and stick to that plan. No dealer will give you a fair trade in price and they are tough to sell as a private sell by yourself. I have found out if ur selling any atv for over $2000 nobody has over $2K in cash laying around and people are too lazy to go to a bank and get a loan themselves, people would buy a used atv from a dealer cause the dealer does all the work getting them the loan. The best way in owning an ATV is choose the best one and the one you like and try keeping it forever. I agree Honda is the most reliable and all the Honda engines have that perfect smooth sound. Pick a good, responsible dealer, don't buy the extended warranty, take the chance without it cause I believe you will never have a warranty problem and if you do have an extended warranty and find out the dealer refuses to honor it you will be mad and upset. Dealers make a gamble too on the extended warranty they sell, they have to pay or they lose money on warranty repairs and nobody likes to lose money. All ATV dealers look at the ATV's they sell as a temporary, throw away item, they are only designed to last a limited amount of miles and time. Just pick the one you want and stick to it, ride the hell outta it and have fun doing it and don't worry about when the time comes to trade it in or sell it.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Brute Force hands down over the Foreman

Old 11-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Resale does mean a lot! How many have you sold? People trade and sell atvs every day. On e-bay, to dealers, and private sales to individuals through newspapers or local classified papers and some brands will bring more than others.

I like Honda, but those two machines are in completely different classes. The Brute will have a lot more power. I don't know that the ride will be any different as I have never ridden a Brute. I personally think lockers are overrated and the only time I get stuck is when the frame is bottomed out. And yes, I have been in mud over the seat. Real mud, not water. A Detroit gearless locker is not very expensive to buy and install if you decide later that you want it.

Do you mean to say that the Foreman is more expensive than the 650 Brute where you live? Sounds like you need to check some other dealers.

Any particular reason you are only looking at those two? It looks like the new King Quad 450 is a nice machine. I would also think the Can-Am 500 should be in your price range.There are others as well.

Good luck and ride before you buy.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

You should check out the Can-Am Outlander line. Sounds like the Outlander 500 might be a good choice for you. Good luck.

Old 11-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Goodsound is a can-am salesman.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

v2rider is a artic cat salesman.

Trending Topics

Old 11-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I bet i could be

Old 11-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Mabe were both in the wrong business[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol!

Quick Reply: Can't decide between Foreman 500 and Brute 650 SRA