Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which ATV brand has the best/worst customer service after the sale?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 06:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ATV brand has the best/worst customer service after the sale?

I have a Yamaha Dealer rip-off story that happened to one of my friends. He loves Yamaha and he made up his mind he wanted a new Kodiak 450, local dealer had them on sale and advertized for $5699. He went to the dealer and purchaced it for that price. He got it home, rode it for a few days and called other friends and me to show it off, we were there looking at it and one friend noticed its a 400 Kodiak, not a 450, so he got the bill of sale and it had 450 Kodiak and the correct model number for the 450, but for sure the one he had was a 400. I went with him, he loaded it back up on the truck and took it back to the dealer. He explained everything to the Yamaha Dealer showing them the atv and the bill of sale and ha ha ha , "I laughed so hard" ha ha the dealer acted stupid and said ha ha ha ,"he didn't know the Kodiak came in 2 engine sizes" and he already rode it and he can't take it back as a new atv and there's nothing he could do. So my friend told him he will keep the 400 but he wants money back cause the 400 is less expensive than the 450, so the dealer started swearing and yelling and outta the blue told us to leave or hes going to call the cops on us, we didn't yell, scream or swear to anybody, so we waited outside for the cops to show up, they never did. My friend did make a mistake thinking it was a 450 when he purchaced it, but the dealer did take advantage of him and ripped him off. Any ATV Dealer will rip you off if you give him the chance, make sure you research and know what ur buying.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Your friend has a legally binding contract. He has the law on his side. Can he not figure that out?

Old 11-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan, think about who made that last post.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

Here is my Suzuki story:

Below is a link to an earlier post I made reference a REAR suspension alignment problem I had with a KingQuad. My problem with this bike may be rare but I doubt it. No one ever complains about rear wheel alignment because no one ever checks theirs. I suspect that if it were easy to check Suzuki as well other brands would be found to have a large pecentage of their quads with rear wheels out of line. As you will see my experiences in dealing with Suzuki over this problem have been somewhat negative.

This links to kind of a long post.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/506017.cfm