Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

WARRANTY for New ATV

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARRANTY for New ATV

OK, just picked up my sons 2007 Honda TRX250EX. I got such a great deal ($2583 OTD); I decided to buy the extended warranty. On the way home, I questioned my decision. I paid $350 for a 4 year Honda full coverage extended warranty, and supposedly it covers everything (not tires or regular wear items) with no deductibles.

What did I do? The good news is I can cancel it tomorrow for a prorated refund?

Should I?

Thanks
JAM

Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

My feelings on an extended warranty is this: The warranty only covers defects in manufacturing and things that should not break under normal riding conditions. If something breaks due to poor manufacturing such as the engine, tranny, or suspension, it's probably gonna go within the first 6 months. If you smack it into a tree or sink it in a river, the warranty doesn't cover that anyway. So I don't really see the point in buying an extended warranty, but piece of mind is worth a lot to some people. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JAM750BF

OK, just picked up my sons 2007 Honda TRX250EX. I got such a great deal ($2583 OTD); I decided to buy the extended warranty. On the way home, I questioned my decision. I paid $350 for a 4 year Honda full coverage extended warranty, and supposedly it covers everything (not tires or regular wear items) with no deductibles.

What did I do? The good news is I can cancel it tomorrow for a prorated refund?

Should I?

Thanks

JAM</end quote></div>

where do you live? if your near CT i have a mechanic that for 450 bucks can fix a whole lot and if it doesnt brake he can install a good ammount of hop-ups for that much. Id really have to read the fine print see what it does and doesnt cover

Old 11-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a dead solid very reliable machine, and chances are 99.9% that you will never need the warranty!

The stock tires are way lame on this machine. Suspension is a bit utilitarian, but otherwise it is a peach! Sportclutch is a great learning tool.......