Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Please Help me out on what is the best for the buck

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help me out on what is the best for the buck

Your best bang for your buck is used. The pricing on a 2 year old quad is about 2000-3000 less than a new one. Im assuming by your screen name, you are mechanical and can fix stuff. A 2 year old quad shouldnt need much for repairs, but what ever you encounter, you should be able to handle.
I see used quads all the time...less than 50 miles, lots of add ons, and fairly priced. And lets face it, after one ride, the new quad is used. And the upside is, if you find you dont like the quad you bought, you can turn around and dump it, for what you paid...you cant do that with new. Ive had a few quads, which turned out to be free. I sold them for what i paid...cant do that with new.
Im a bit biased, but the reality is, almost everyone will buy a used Honda, because of the reputation, and there are some brands, once they are 2 to 3 years old....no one wants. You might have to pay a bit more for a Honda, but itll be dead reliable, and hold its value.

Id say a 2 year old Rubicon would be a good choice. Just make sure the person you buy it from, appears to have taken care of it, and your worries should be low.
Welcome to the forums

Old 11-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help me out on what is the best for the buck

if you want a tough well priced extremely reliable quad
go with a honda.
Probably the Rancher