Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian144
First off, I would say that they are all very reliable quads. I think I would choose the King Quad as #1. Personally, I don't really see an Outlander being used for too much work. It's more of a trail quad... not so much for work (although it could be done). I feel that the XP is a similar thing - more for trails/play than work. So I would go King Quad, then Outlander/Sportsman. I feel that the Honda would be underpowered in this group, and not nearly as much fun on the trails. That's why I feel that all around the Suzuki is best for you.

I would also consider the Kawasaki Brute Force 750i.
I had to chime in Can.144, The XP 550 is a very capable work and play machine. The Polaris frames are built better than any other quad,(IMO) and It's towing and weight carrying capacity are higher also!
All of the other advice listed is right on the mark! IMO!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mtber
I am looking at buying a new 4x4 ATV but i am not sure which to get. I have narrowed my search to a few,Outlander 650 XT, Sportsman 550 XP, Kind Quad 750, and Honda Rubicon 500. I am looking for something that is very reliable for the most part but it also has to be able to do a significant ammount of work as its main use will be in the back woods of Vermont. Also would be nice to have something that is good in the mud and on the trail. I am looking for your opinions on different quads not just the ones i listed. Thanks in advance.
You can't beat a Sportsman X2 for work and play

Old 04-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Range Rover

Any updates?

I see Polaris did their research when building their new 850. It is not legal in Wisconsin because the rims are over 12". Then in Minnesota (where they are built) they are not legal because they are over 800cc.