Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

09 Brute Force 650 SRA

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 09 Brute Force 650 SRA

Well, I decided to trade the Grizzly for a newer quad. With all the recent problems and what were going to be some very costly repairs in the immediate future, I decided to cut ties with it and traded it in at my local dealer for a very nice 09 Brute Force 650 with the solid rear axle. I actually prefer the SRA over the irs on the Brute as it was the only one left other than Honda that was available like that. I like the lower maintenance and sportier feel of the sra. This 09 only had 1335 miles on it, very low indeed for a 7 year old quad and over 2100 less than what the Grizzly had(3445). Camo in color though that doesn't really matter to me. I went in there looking for a 2012 Honda Foreman ES. Well it was sold and this Brute Force was the other quad on my list to look at. I am very impressed with the power, much peppier than the Grizzly was. Everything seemed to be nice and tight. Engine braking worked well, transmission shifted perfectly into every gear and engine felt very strong. Even had a nice set of almost new tires on it. I felt I got good trade value for the Grizzly. The Grizzly and $1500+tax and the Brute Force was mine. Its a bit bittersweet though. I didn't want to part with the Grizzly but it was proving to be a money pit with no end in sight. I still have the stock wheels and tires off the Grizzly, probably will sell or trade them soon as they won't fit this quad. I will try to get some pics on here soon. I like how the shifter on the Brute is on the right side, much less awkward than the left side shifter on the Grizzly that never worked properly anyway. No Park in the transmission but has a manual parking brake that works well. I could never get the Grizzly into park anyway lol. To be honest, I didn't want to buy another quad but I felt I needed to rid myself of the Grizzly while it still had value and I feel I got more than fair value for it. This quad is in much better condition than the Grizzly was when I got it so I feel pretty good about this purchase. The Grizzly never felt quite right from day one. The low mileage on the Brute was the big selling point. Its hard to find good used quads with low mileage for a decent price.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on the Brute Force. Grizzlies are generally very good quads but everyone makes a lemon once in awhile. I think you would have been underwhelmed by the power of the Foreman. As always pictures will be appreciated.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Congrats.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures or it didn't happen, haha. Big fan of the Brute Force, also, the straight rear axle, like my Arctic Cat. Less moving parts is not always bad!

Old 05-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats Greg, sounds like a great machine. Snap some pictures when you get a chance!

Old 05-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HondaR24
Congrats Greg, sounds like a great machine. Snap some pictures when you get a chance!
Sorry guys having trouble with internet connection at home. Trying on phone but it works much better off wifi off comp too
Charter coming Sat morning to hopefully fix it. First time trying mobile version as I didn't have internet on old phone. Prob get pics sat. Be first chance to take it out

Old 05-23-2016, 01:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Pics of Brute Force

Here are some pics of the Brute Force I took earlier Sunday

Attached Thumbnails 09 Brute Force 650 SRA-bruteforce-1-.jpg   09 Brute Force 650 SRA-bruteforce-2-.jpg   09 Brute Force 650 SRA-bruteforce-3-.jpg   09 Brute Force 650 SRA-bruteforce-4-.jpg  
Old 05-23-2016, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
Well, I decided to trade the Grizzly for a newer quad. With all the recent problems and what were going to be some very costly repairs in the immediate future, I decided to cut ties with it and traded it in at my local dealer for a very nice 09 Brute Force 650 with the solid rear axle. I actually prefer the SRA over the irs on the Brute as it was the only one left other than Honda that was available like that. I like the lower maintenance and sportier feel of the sra. This 09 only had 1335 miles on it, very low indeed for a 7 year old quad and over 2100 less than what the Grizzly had(3445). Camo in color though that doesn't really matter to me. I went in there looking for a 2012 Honda Foreman ES. Well it was sold and this Brute Force was the other quad on my list to look at. I am very impressed with the power, much peppier than the Grizzly was. Everything seemed to be nice and tight. Engine braking worked well, transmission shifted perfectly into every gear and engine felt very strong. Even had a nice set of almost new tires on it. I felt I got good trade value for the Grizzly. The Grizzly and $1500+tax and the Brute Force was mine. Its a bit bittersweet though. I didn't want to part with the Grizzly but it was proving to be a money pit with no end in sight. I still have the stock wheels and tires off the Grizzly, probably will sell or trade them soon as they won't fit this quad. I will try to get some pics on here soon. I like how the shifter on the Brute is on the right side, much less awkward than the left side shifter on the Grizzly that never worked properly anyway. No Park in the transmission but has a manual parking brake that works well. I could never get the Grizzly into park anyway lol. To be honest, I didn't want to buy another quad but I felt I needed to rid myself of the Grizzly while it still had value and I feel I got more than fair value for it. This quad is in much better condition than the Grizzly was when I got it so I feel pretty good about this purchase. The Grizzly never felt quite right from day one. The low mileage on the Brute was the big selling point. Its hard to find good used quads with low mileage for a decent price.
I think your going to enjoy the Brute. The V Twin is a great experince to ride. And Kawie was the first to do this, then otheres followed. I choose the SRA as well, yes, less parts to deal with but, I enjoy the power sliding in a turn and feeling virtually no roll...as apposed to an IRS. Keep the maintenance up on her and she should provide you years of work/fun!

Old 05-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks nice, Greg. Like the camo.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer

congrats greg! looks good. my vinson and current KQ400 are SRA, I too am big fan. great for pulling trailer also.

Quick Reply: 09 Brute Force 650 SRA