Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Where to find used atvs online

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find used atvs online

What websites can I search for local used four wheelers? I have exhausted craigslist and local facebook groups. Ebay doesn't have anything near me.
Thank you.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

You would not want to buy a quad sight unseen on the internet!! Way to many things could be covered up. It takes time to find a nice used machine, many which go up for sale is because they need serious work, good machines are few and far between. There is no such thing as a cheap good machine unless you figure your odds like the lottery does. You need to keep looking daily, and if a nice machine shows up you need to be the first one there or it will be gone. When I sold my Praire it was up for 4 weeks before someone finally came out to look at it, but the first guy to look at it, bought it within 15 minutes of seeing it. Take a drive to the next town and wait for better weather, with summer approaching in a couple months, more will be coming up for sale.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A lot of dealers sell used units as well. Most of the time those are trade-ins on new or newer machines. Prices might be a little higher but there is less risk of getting a lemon. No need to worry about it being stolen as there will always be a title if the state issues them.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:06 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

5mile possibly. Motorcycle trader, and check your area.

I tend to disagree with "they need serious work". Some do, yes, but not all. What it takes is knowing what to look for when you buy.

You need to know what type (sport or utility) you want. What cc range, ask about the maintenance history and if they have records of it. Narrow your choice down to one or two brands. Come to places like this and see what reviews, problems and fixes you find for the model you want. Check prices on NADA and locally to see what range they're selling for. Make sure you see it in person, some may let you ride it, others may not. You should at the very least hear it run. Take your time, there are a lot of good used quads out there and some good deals too.

Good luck!

Old 01-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found my Arctic Cat diesel on an Arctic Cat forum= ArcticChat. Owner sent me lots of pictures. I got exactly what he said it was. So if your looking for something in particular, maybe post up on a forum?