ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Buying an ATV (https://atvconnection.com/forums/buying-atv/)
-   -   Buying a new quad (https://atvconnection.com/forums/buying-atv/62423-buying-new-quad.html)

ronjon291 04-14-2002 10:50 AM

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a new quad. I am stuck between 2 choices. A 02 shee, or a honda recon. Anyone have good things to say about either, any bad things.

HondaGuy300EX 04-17-2002 05:44 PM

Go back to your moped!!

YZGUY 04-17-2002 07:14 PM

The Recon is a kick to ride and handles great, but it is a small utility so don't expect to much from it. The Shee is no trail bike, and I'm not at all impressed with the stock suspension. But, that 2-stroke powerband is a real thrill!!!

guardog 04-17-2002 08:54 PM

I agree with hondaguy, Stay with the moped. It's way to fast for YOU already!!!

RoughRider710 04-22-2002 11:16 PM

Go with the Recon. I have a 2002 Recon ES and they are great.Pretty
peppy now that they the got the 250ex motor.Believe me,u will not go wrong with the recon,its a Honda.

2fun 04-23-2002 03:40 PM

You have not even stated the type of riding you do, where you ride, type of terrain, or your expectations of the machine you are wanting to buy.

If you want a real suggestion, you need to address these things.

The two quads you are thinking about buying are at extreme opposite ends of the spectrum.

The type of riding you are going to do, style of riding, and terrain should be the determining factors on your purchase. No one can give you a helpful suggestion till then.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

HondaGuy300EX 04-23-2002 10:31 PM

fat people are like mopeds fun to ride but dont want your freinds to see you with them,i still think thats one of the greatest jokes out there. Seiriously though are you really thinking on buying one of these or are you full of $hit like noraml. Recon or shee damb that makes me laugh,its like sayin a moped or dirtbike.

biggin 04-23-2002 10:55 PM

Hondaguy300ex, I was starting to think that u are alittle harsh on these guys, but this "shee or recon" is ridiculous.Banshee or 400ex, or recon or bayou sounds reasonable. And that post with the guy( sounds like a 12 yr old) wanting big power but no raptors or 2 strokes, come on! Maybe that leaves cannondale speed? I think he needs a moped.

ronjon291 04-24-2002 09:45 AM

Man you guys really pounce on anything out of the normal dont you!! the moped was put on there for kicks. Anyway about the unusual choice between the two. My son will also be riding this quad and he says shee but I dont think thats a very good quad for all the trails we ride i just want some more opinions to show him its not just me that thinks the shee is out of place on rough trails.

biggin 04-24-2002 10:33 AM

ronjon291, sorry if I sounded harsh, if your son wants agood trail quad and still have some muscle to wheelie, I might suggest the polaris scrambler 400. No, it will not keep up with a banshee, yes it will stomp a recon. The scramblers are a perfect mix of sportiness and some utility,with the rear rack. Good luck!

We all get pounced on sometimes, but as u know the only dumb question is one that is not asked. Just picture the recon and banshee making love to produce an offspring. The offspring would have some utility, and alot of sport. That is why I suggested the scrambler line.

'88 huffy
can wd 40 in case I should be challenged to a race
1 budwieser can in the spokes to let the competition know I am coming