Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE HAVE READ THE ARTICLES ON BOTH, BUT CANT DECIDE I AM A LITTLE UNSURE OF WHY THE PRAIRIE DOESNT HAVE INDEPENDENT REAR AND TWIN A ARMS UP FRONT. ANY ADVICE ON WHICH TO BUY WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED I KNOW BOTH ARE EXCELLENT MACHINES I WOULD BE MOSTLY TRAIL RIDING BUT LIKE IT FAST AND LIKE TO JUMP EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE THANKS

Old 01-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

go post this on the kawasaki page you will get alout of great reasponces. I think you should get the prairie i see you like speed well consider this I have beet a raptor 4 out of 5 races on the sand. I was talking with a guy on the kawasaki fourm and he has 25 inch paddle masters on his prairie and he says he can whelie on the sand,i will purchas those tires shortly cause i am going to the sand in a couple of weeks.Also the prairie is a great jumper the only thing is its front shocks are a little soft but you can fix that. I would never take a grizz over a priarie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

One of my good buddies rolled his grizzly the first weekend out, and totaled it. Just my 2 cents, they are way to top heavy. I would go take them bolth out for a test drive and then make a decission. I am getting a 03 650 prairie. ( I have rode 660 grizzly, 600 and 700 sportsmans, 650 rincon and the prairie) Not to say that the bikes i have rode are bad i just like the feel of the prairie better. (This is just my OPINION!!!!!)

Good luck.

Old 01-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

ride the priarie then youll want it tell us witch one youll get

Old 01-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

Take the Grizz over the Prairie....much better bike in the long run

Old 01-30-2003, 03:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

I didnt roll my Grizz but I did turn it over. They feel real good going fast. You can be fooled by how well it handles. They are not top heavy. Inexperience will show on this ATV because they are easy to drive fast. I was going to fast when I turned mine over. My fault not the ride.

Old 02-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

I have never ridden either one. However, today, a local dealer had the two sitting next to each other in the showroom. Not even close as far as comfort. Try it you'll see!! Now this is just a comfort report not a performance one.

Old 02-05-2003, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

I drove the praire when I had my Kodiak and thought it felt very heavy and pushed in turns, but the power (then compared to the 400 Kokiak) was there, and some. I upgraded to the Grizz 660. I agree, don't think they are top heavy at all, but it is very decieving, how fast your going. Very smooth. The Prairie is a smoother runnng engine at idle, but both seems close, when on the gas. IMO

Old 02-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

Well thanks for the opinions I bought the griz basically because of the better looks, IRS, and felt it would have better resale than Kawasaki. Recently went to a big atv scene where there were a little of everything and every bike. I rode the Prairie there and was not impressed. Anyone looking for a bike to go down well worn trails or muddy trails should definetly go with the IRS. Prairie stayed stuck. Thanks again

Old 02-08-2003, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default PRAIRIE OR GRIZ

Why would you say that the grizz is better in the long run? I had an 02 grizz and it was and still is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. I traded it in for a 03p650 and I'am more then happy with it. So why would you say the 02 grizz is better in the long run???
I have a 99 grizz which is great but the 02 grizz was JUNK!

Quick Reply: PRAIRIE OR GRIZ