Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

What is the best motocross quad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best motocross quad?

Thanks. I will be contacting them tomorrow.
Whats the difference between the speed and the cannible?

Old 02-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Honda powered ...the predator is a crappy motocross bike huh? I find this very amusing as a stock one would easily beat your modified honda. I traded in an EX so please don't tell me I dont know the diffrence. I noticed the EX is not being included in most shoot-outs the days. Maybe you should try one out before making such ignorant statements...of course if one would wait on you.

Old 02-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Pro Rider

The speed has better front shocks (rebuildable ohlins vs Arvins).
The speed also has holeshot tires vs a cheaper set on the cannibal.
At one time the cannibal didn't have a hydro clutch don't lnow if that is the case now.
Speed has a 1000 higher rev limiter (this can be changed on the cannibal by simply remapping it).
Better handle bars (Tag x5) are also on the speed.

I'm sure there are a couple more things I'm leaving out. For 300 difference it's worth it to buy the speed. Unless you plan on buying better shocks, pipe system, tires & rims and other things that most would do for racing. This has been the big question for most people looking to purchase a cannondale. Which one to get between the speed and cannibal. I tell people it depends on what you plan on using it for. Trail riding spend the extra money and get the speed if you plan on setting it up for racing save the money and get the cannibal and use the money saved for hop-ups. This reply was when there was a 1000 dollar diffence in the prices with it being closer you could always sell the front speed shocks if you bought better ones and get most if not all the diference back between the two. So I'd say first choice would be the speed.

Old 02-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Trailblazer

I talked to World of Powersports and all they have left is 2 cannibals and they're too far away to try to work out a trade-in anyway. I found a dealer close to home that sells C-dale and Polaris. They are still asking close to MSRP, so I will probably take a look at the Predator since it is about $1000 cheaper.

Old 02-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

Firehawk,

hondapowerds statement on the predetor being a bad mx bike is wrong there good bike ...your statement on a predetor outrunning a highly modified 440ex is also wrong ur 42 hp 400+lbs predetor v.s. a 370lbs 50hp 440ex...get real i hate it when people make comments they cant back up and dont worry i have a few pretetors under my belt and i have the nuts to back it up.... a pretedor will easily smoke a 400ex ...but not a 440 ex...sorry

Old 02-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

Firehawk,

sorry if i pissed you off but i had too say somwthing because i beat a predetor by at least 5-6 bikes lenghths today at the sand hills with out paddles and he had them. Hondapowerd does not know what hes talking about because he seems to think a stock 400ex will outrun a z400 and a banshee. I have just learned to laugh at his comments. As far as the predetor being a good motocross bike..YES they are, the bump steer thing they have on there is pretty cool and they put out a decent amount of horse power although on the track thats not as much of an issue as the riders ability as far as the best motocross bike......its hard to say those that want to set up a bike for there own needs with aftermarket parts get a 400ex, z/kfx400 or a 250r...those who want to buy and race off the showroom floor get the moto440 or predetor there is no best motocross bike but there is a best rider...sHwO

Old 02-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Racerjohn,

There is a Cannondale dealer in Amherst VA that was selling off his quads cheap. He had 2 left a week ago, you should give him a call. 434-946-5167

There are a few dealers selling off all their inventory and you should be able to pick up a new Cannibal for around $5000 right now. also check Ebay, there are some dealers selling on there.

Old 02-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know of too many people that are excited about the gasgas, it's a little dissapionting.
The future is in four strokes now matter how much that sucks. I would go with the predator, as far as motocross goes, it comes with tires and decent suspension. "Dirtwheels" picked the predator over the Z400. TT is fun, I raced a few of them, I don't know what is out yet for the newer machines, but you can lower anything with a little bit of innovation. I wouldn't worry about to much TT stuff untill you've done it a few times, but get a good set of tires, and get the quad at a lower center of gravity. Once again the predator seems pretty promising.

Old 02-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the help, I think I am going to go with the Predator. It looks like the best quad you can get for $6,000 and I havn't heard of any real problems with it.

Thanks again,

John