Camping, Hiking and Exploring Gear Discussion on camping, hiking, and exploring gear.

Which ATV Bag is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ATV Bag is the best?

This was the question I had and hear from a lot of my buddies. I have a 05’ Yamaha Kodiak and am an avid hunter, fisherman, and general outdoorsman. A few years back I was looking for a quality ATV rear rack bag. Make a long story short, I bought one that fell apart almost immediately. So a buddy and I decided to create our own. Some of the cooler features are an integrated strap system, an internal weight bearing aluminum frame, and an exterior MOLLE system for accessory bags and utility holders. We call it the Quartermaster. We have produced several prototypes and we are about to start manufacturing them. We have also started a pre-order process online at Indiegogo.com. Indiegogo is a platform to allow people to pre-order product at a reduced cost to help the new company get rolling. If you’re interested or just want to see the bag please check out our campaign at Gear Freak | Indiegogo . Thanks everyone, and don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions either on here or at info@grfreak.com or check out our website at www.grfreak.com.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nice ... looks pretty durable.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:37 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I go on ATV camping trips all the time. We just budgie cord a big hockey bag on the back rack and once we get to the camp site we throw in off until its time to go back to the trucks and home.

They are big and tuff.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A box like my friend has is cheaper and I think it holds more. His must be close to 20 years old and survived at least 2 roll overs with nothing but scratches from when he rolled it on a gravel road. Tamarack Wrap Around Box

Old 04-18-2015, 04:14 AM
Trailblazer

That's a tough one to answer. Crap gets in the zippers then they don't work good and many leak and get all your tools wet and supplies get to rust and food gets mushed. There are some pictures of better ones in the Garage and one looks big enough for the average hunting dog to fit in. Waterproof is a big idea that really needs to work.