CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dyno results on the TVI 720

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno results on the TVI 720

Ok I watched the dyno for 30 mins today with the new motor in and was surprised how low the numbers were. From my last Dyno on my stage II to the 720 a total of 2.5 Total H.P gain. Big deal. the biggest gain was 6 HP from 3000 rpm to 6500rpm. Dyno runs were the same. Same tires, gearing and dyno. Why is it only that little gain. The numbers were no where near what Gary told they should be. What is up with that. I know Gary is a salesman but what is up G. The motor is stronger and I can feel a difference at the dunes but I expected more for the money. Has anyone ever done a dyno from stage II to the 720 before? I know that everyone loves Gary but I have not had the best experence with him. By the way he ships everything out to some machine shop and doesn't have his own dyno. When I was first talking to him I got the impression that he did all the work at his shop. Not until to took a month to sleeve the cyl. did I realize he sent his work out. Don't get me wrong the motor is stronger but it should be even stronger. The numbers with my Nobbies were 50HP. My shop said with slicks I should be at 55HP. He showed me the difference of HP with differnet tires on a Honda's dyno. If anyone wants to know the Goods and Bads of TVI just PM me, this tread is long enough.
Any ideas or comments let me know

Old 11-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

somethings not right!

cam off a tooth?

jetting way off?

ignition timing poor?

clutch slipping?

tires slipping?

motor choked?

do you have the larger valves?

do you have the dyno chart of torque and HP so we can see what's going on?

i hate to say it but i've seen highly modified small (less than 650cc) single cylinder briggs and straton motors make 48HP.

in germany they have got ~120HP out of a full race F650 (720cc).

Old 11-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

What pipe are you running now, and what pipe did you run on your stage II? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

i have to agree with scooby. something is just not right. sandman430 has a stage ii and a 720. i've rode both and there is absolutely no comparison. the 720 is without a doubt at least 15-20 hp more

Old 11-24-2003, 11:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well sounds like your not happy, but to take it out on gary isn't right. i have a stage two and a 720 and that's the best 2.5 horsepower i've ever seen(that's nonsense the stage two is slug compared to a 720). but hey you can tell me my 720 put's out 25hp with the way it runs i'll take it any day over what some dyno says. i don't need a dyno to tell me what it puts out i field test and hey when every machine around comes over to see what the bus has done i just know it's something right. but anyways if you are that unhappy with it maybe you should send it back i could use another 720 kit the wife said she wants to see if she could take azsands crown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i figure she weighs a lot less than him. and what does it matter if he has a machine shop do his work. i found that letting people speacialize in what they do, is best. and he did put my engine together i watched him do it. well hope it's just a bad day but i've had to much luck with the engine to not say something about this thread.

Old 11-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I AGREE SOMETHINGS WRONG, I JUST RETURNED FROM DUNES & I FELT MY 720 RAN MORE LIKE MY 760, WHAT I FELT BETWEEN MY LEGS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SALES.

Old 11-24-2003, 11:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

hey i just told my wife her stage two only has 2.5 hp less than my 720 she told me i was full of $$$hit.

Trending Topics

Old 11-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

So, does anybody know what horsepower on the 720 should be at (on the average)? Just curious ... -- a 2.5 horsepower gain is hard to argue with if its tested on the dyno - so, something is wrong with Squatcher's motor - especially if he has confirmed that by riding it. The 720 should be well above 60-70 HP total in my opinion. But, there are a lot of 720's that can be configured differently, just like stage II's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Old 11-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

did you dyno your new stage two mark? and didn't that 760 of jeffs put out 44 hp on a dyno? i have a personal experience with that 44 hp motor thaanks to richard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, I have dynoed mine, what really counts is the difference from where he was with his stage II, to where he is now with his 720. I think everyone knows that dyno numbers can change from Dyno to Dyno. The best way to test the difference is to use the same dyno with the same tires when comparing to the two. If he's done that, there are two logical conclusions. 1) there is something wrong with his 720 (and by looking at the dyno numbers from other 720 to assist in determining that), or 2) there is something very wrong with the dyno on the second run, or the first run. Again, a good way to help to determine that, is to look at the numbers from other 720 that have been dynoed. Again, there will be differences in the dyno, but it can help in ballpark numbers. Certainly 2.5 horsepower difference between a good running 720 and a standard RWR Stage II is not normal - I would think.

Quick Reply: Dyno results on the TVI 720