CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 44 ... issues..need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 03:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 44 ... issues..need help

Jim,

I looked up Rubber Splicing Tape on the internet, and near as I can tell, that is just normal electrical tape. Or is there something more that I can't see from the pictures? (Or just a different name for the same thing?)

AZSand,

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of this 90 degree banshee adapter, would you? Or would you know of a website that has a picture of one?

Entomber,

I wou;dn't really consider it a Yamaha part - Yamaha certainly had no part in making it. Some guy here in the US decided to make it for the Banshee so the Lectron could be used on it. If you still don't like the Banshee part just call it a 90 degree adapter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

From what I've heard, if you want to run a Lectron and a 5 gallon gas tank you'll pretty much HAVE to get the 90 degree adapter so if you have any possibility of wanting to run the IMS tank in the future then now is the time to get that adapter. I'm seriously considering the Lectron in the future and I already have the IMS tanks on both ATVs so this a big concern for me. I'm also not ever planning to go with any sort of dual carburetor setup so I'm looking for the best single carburetor or EFI setup around.

Old 12-19-2003, 06:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Blackhawk, if you click on my camera icon thingy and look for the pic of my Lectron you will see the 90 degree adapter sticking out of the top of the carb. Its just a peice of tubing bent to ...you guessed it .....90 degrees.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Blackhawk i ordered mine direct from terrycable and yes wards right its a 90% tube but the magic is when you order it from terry cable or other quality vendors it comes with this amaezing black boot that gose over the brass adjustment tube. yes this rubbder boot that keeps you away from electrical stores and silcone shops you just slip the boot over the adjustment tube and whaala no sticky mess if you want to get midevil on it wrap the top and bottom with wire ties to hold it extra firmly in place whaaaaaaala no sticky mess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] no trash or dirt where it should not be [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That is my main selling point seeing all these pic's of lectrons with no BLACK BOOTs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] If you need it though i have eletrical tape1.99 a roll its not the cheap trash it the real deal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2003, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

Blackhawk...

Yes there is a difference between electrical tape and the splicing rubber I mentioned...it is rubber and thicker than elec tape. I pulled off a piece about 2" long, stretch it out so it thins out abit, then wrapped the bottom of the boot and the top of the boot...you can hardley tell its on there--pretty much blends in with the boot and although it sticks to itself it's not nasty or sticky. It's cheap (not trashy) insurance that the boot stays in place.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That is my main selling point seeing all these pic's of lectrons with no BLACK BOOTs
Just FYI my boot is on there now, but was off for the benefit of decent pictures.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] good that is a very important part[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]