CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Question about about exhaust canister length.... And I need an end cap.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about about exhaust canister length....

OK... I screwed up AGAIN! To make a long story short I wanted to make my end cap on my stock pipe to fit better because the screws that held it on kept rattling out. After trying different screws and a bunch of other garbage I came up with the bright idea of putting the screws in and tac welding them so they wouldn't come out. That didn't work out the way I wanted so I decided to just tac weld the end cap on to the canister because I really wasn't planning on taking it off again. Well my wire feed welder was out of wire so I decided to use my stick welder since I really had no choice. Even on the lowest voltage setting I kept on burning through the dam canister!! So I had to take my sawsall and cut the legnth of my canister shorter so I could try again but it was no luck... No matter how hard I tried I always burned through the canister. So now the canister is about 4 inches shorter than stock. I pretty much ruined my end cap so I didn't attempt to bolt it on in any way but my question is, with the canister being about 4 inches shorter than stock is it gonna effect the performance of my DS after I get an end cap to work? I hope it wont hurt performance in any way but either way I can't afford a new pipe cuz I'm broke (typical 16 year old). Does any one know if it will hurt performance or anything? Also, does anyone have a stock or modded end cap that they would be willing to get rid of CHEAP?? Thanks.

Old 01-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Question about about exhaust canister length....

PTL...I don't think you'll experience any problems with shortening your canaster a couple inches. Someone in here (don't recall who) did a nice chop job on a RWR exhaust and got lots of compliments...no problems or adverse affects.

Old 01-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Question about about exhaust canister length.... And I need an end cap.

Originally posted by: PUSHINTHELIMIT
OK... I screwed up AGAIN! To make a long story short I wanted to make my end cap on my stock pipe to fit better because the screws that held it on kept rattling out. After trying different screws and a bunch of other garbage I came up with the bright idea of putting the screws in and tac welding them so they wouldn't come out. That didn't work out the way I wanted so I decided to just tac weld the end cap on to the canister because I really wasn't planning on taking it off again. Well my wire feed welder was out of wire so I decided to use my stick welder since I really had no choice. Even on the lowest voltage setting I kept on burning through the dam canister!! So I had to take my sawsall and cut the legnth of my canister shorter so I could try again but it was no luck... No matter how hard I tried I always burned through the canister. So now the canister is about 4 inches shorter than stock. I pretty much ruined my end cap so I didn't attempt to bolt it on in any way but my question is, with the canister being about 4 inches shorter than stock is it gonna effect the performance of my DS after I get an end cap to work? I hope it wont hurt performance in any way but either way I can't afford a new pipe cuz I'm broke (typical 16 year old). Does any one know if it will hurt performance or anything? Also, does anyone have a stock or modded end cap that they would be willing to get rid of CHEAP?? Thanks.

I have one that I modded, it is 3" cut & tapered that I used before I bought a billet aluminum one from, well I think we all know from who (MoRe.HorsePower). I will ship it to you for the shipping, just because you seem to try real hard & things just don't work out for you.LOL! PM me!

Old 01-16-2004, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

I have a complete canister and end cap in great condition. ronnussbaum@earthlink.net

Old 01-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer

Hey today may be your lucky day I have a brand new can n cap off 03 baja that has the heat shield and all.. It was never ran and can be yours for only shipping.. Hell I will split the shipping with ya.. That should get you back in order for this time... Let me know..

Old 01-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

CountryJoeGlass and Malinios, you both have PM's!!! Thanks so much for the help!!

Old 01-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

pushin check your PM

Got It!