CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS with dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS with dual exhaust

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
you need to remove the air box with the duals. He has gotton nice numbers with the duals setup. He has only dynoed with stock setup.
Regarding the airfilter setup: My last converstation with Randy is that the main air tube going to/from the carb and the filter will REMAIN in place and the filter will be suspended on a custom hanger without the air box. Things change, but thats the last I heard 3 days ago.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
Originally posted by: 222

would a pipe like this make power? this is a F650 bike http://www.cable-net.ne.jp/user/boog...haust_pipe.htm
Considering how much time has been put into this LTE exhaust, I'm excited to see the results- they obviously spent some effort to get it right. I hope to see the results posted here (anyone have a dyno sheet yet?)
Scooby, according to the spec sheet, this impressive bike has a 12:1 high compression piston, stage 3 cams, 2mm o/s bore, twin 39fcr carbs, porting? and is on a bike that only has to turn one rear wheel, lighter axle, and etc.. (good for about 4-5 hp).... It ony makes 65 peak hp at 8000rpm. That's nothing to be ashamed of, but I think Mister HP has done better. I'd like to see the dyno curve to see where it is strong. The one thing that won't show up on a dyno though, is the ability to pull a 500lb quad up to rpm versus a 300 lb bike - the exhaust has to make power in a different way to compensate for the weight.
I really hope the LTE exhaust are the real deal - I'll own a set if they out perform the existing singles.

Old 01-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Talked with Randy today - The DS he was using as a pattern got taken back by the owner. So, now he has to buy another DS to get the show on the road. This takes at least two months out of the exhaust being ready. Sorry for the bad news! The 400EX will be ready shortly.

Old 01-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

if we bring him a DS to finish his testing do we get a free exhaust? If so i might be up for that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

i think he has what it takes to build the kits for the standard ds's but not the baja's.

Old 01-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JEFFROE
i think he has what it takes to build the kits for the standard ds's but not the baja's.
Why do you say that?

Old 01-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

when i last talked to him it sounded like he had the everything needed to complete and start welding up the kits, but had yet to put together instructions and pic's. because the ds he had been using was picked up by the owner the pic's were the stalling point. maybe each time one of us calls him there is a differnet story? oh well we have been waiting for the duals sense last spring alittle while longer won't kill us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW

would a pipe like this make power? this is a F650 bike http://www.cable-net.ne.jp/user/boog...haust_pipe.htm
Considering how much time has been put into this LTE exhaust, I'm excited to see the results- they obviously spent some effort to get it right. I hope to see the results posted here (anyone have a dyno sheet yet?)
Scooby, according to the spec sheet, this impressive bike has a 12:1 high compression piston, stage 3 cams, 2mm o/s bore, twin 39fcr carbs, porting? and is on a bike that only has to turn one rear wheel, lighter axle, and etc.. (good for about 4-5 hp).... It ony makes 65 peak hp at 8000rpm. That's nothing to be ashamed of, but I think Mister HP has done better. I'd like to see the dyno curve to see where it is strong. The one thing that won't show up on a dyno though, is the ability to pull a 500lb quad up to rpm versus a 300 lb bike - the exhaust has to make power in a different way to compensate for the weight.
I really hope the LTE exhaust are the real deal - I'll own a set if they out perform the existing singles.

my question was would a dual pipe make power that has enlarged head pipes possibly non-round. those head pipes look huge.

Old 01-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

I just purchased the duals from lte for my 03 predator, and when i recieved them they di not fit--- the headpipe did not line up with the head so i had to send them back and they remachined them to fit better, also installation was a pain in the neck

1-remove airbox
2-re-route all wiring,oil lines,cables,etc...
3-cut side plastics
4-re locate tail light
5-jetting--easy

The entire process took me about 4 hours to do -- the final result was a nice looking set of duals that perform great

PS--- very very very very very very LOUD--- COPS WERE AT MY HOUSE TWICE ALREADY JUST FOR STARTING IT IN THE DRIVEWAY

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY

Old 01-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fidge1
I just purchased the duals from lte for my 03 predator, and when i recieved them they di not fit--- the headpipe did not line up with the head so i had to send them back and they remachined them to fit better, also installation was a pain in the neck

1-remove airbox
2-re-route all wiring,oil lines,cables,etc...
3-cut side plastics
4-re locate tail light
5-jetting--easy

The entire process took me about 4 hours to do -- the final result was a nice looking set of duals that perform great

PS--- very very very very very very LOUD--- COPS WERE AT MY HOUSE TWICE ALREADY JUST FOR STARTING IT IN THE DRIVEWAY

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY
I saw a raptor at little sahara last fall with the LTE duals. I was directly behind him in the line to pay for access to the dunes. He kept his motor running. I could barely hear it. There must be two types of end caps available?

Quick Reply: DS with dual exhaust