CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS with dual exhaust

Old 01-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS with dual exhaust

does anyone have pics or know anything about the dual exhaust for the ds

Old 01-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Range Rover

sweet man thinking about getin a bombardeir dont know to much about those pipes but whant to go riding this weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

LTE racing is in development website is lteracing.com

Old 01-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

Im getting mine shortly. I plan on taking it to a dyno and compare it to the Ron Wood full exhaust system. I've seen the Raptor pipes first hand. The pipes are non-polished stainless steel. The welds are good. The silencers are huge, with quiet core and USFS approved spark arrestor. The gain is supposed to be around 10 HP for the DS over stock and offer it at 96db. The airbox will need to be removed as the pipe will exit through the inside of the subframe.

Old 01-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

talked to LTE last week, the duals are happening as we speak!!!!!!!! hurry up and wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

I've been reading about this exhaust for awhile now. I have to assume that the delay is because LTE is trying to make power out of these exhausts. You have to respect a company for that. They could just throw them out the door and make a ton of money on customers that are chomping at the bit, but they have not done that.

Many companies have tried to make a dual exhaust for multi valve single cylinders and, to my knowledge, none have worked. It is very difficult to get power without the scavenging effect of the exhaust pipes working together- top exhaust builders know that the headpipes should come together as quickly as possible. So be patient, and if they never come, give them respect for not taking your money for something that doesn't work. I hope they succeed.

Old 01-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

LTE is welding the first set together this week, on the first ds tested there was an increase of hp,torque and top rpm!! looks real good for the rest of us. i know mark is going to dyno his set and i will also dyno mine when they arrive. the only thing with my test will be that i am installing the vortex box at the same time.

Old 01-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JEFFROE
LTE is welding the first set together this week, on the first ds tested there was an increase of hp,torque and top rpm!! looks real good for the rest of us. i know mark is going to dyno his set and i will also dyno mine when they arrive. the only thing with my test will be that i am installing the vortex box at the same time.
Just set the Vortex for stock curve when you dyno the pipe.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Why the direct air filter?

Old 01-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 222
I've been reading about this exhaust for awhile now. I have to assume that the delay is because LTE is trying to make power out of these exhausts. You have to respect a company for that. They could just throw them out the door and make a ton of money on customers that are chomping at the bit, but they have not done that.

Many companies have tried to make a dual exhaust for multi valve single cylinders and, to my knowledge, none have worked. It is very difficult to get power without the scavenging effect of the exhaust pipes working together- top exhaust builders know that the headpipes should come together as quickly as possible. So be patient, and if they never come, give them respect for not taking your money for something that doesn't work. I hope they succeed.

would a pipe like this make power? this is a F650 bike http://www.cable-net.ne.jp/user/boog...haust_pipe.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DS with dual exhaust