CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How many 65HP+ stock bores out there?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many 65HP+ stock bores out there?

My quad dynoed at 65.5 with 52lbs of torque. Randall said he got 67.5 out of it, but I didnt see the charts on that run. This is all on HP research with stock bore, stock stroke.

I ran my first bracket drag race yesterday with time trials and dial in times. The track had good bite at the start, but loosened up a bit at half track. I ran consistant 4.82 - 4.85's all day. This was at 68 mph in 300 foot. I was very impressed with those numbers. I couldnt be happier. I take that back, I could be happier, but it will cost more money. LOL

Gary

Old 07-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

Mrs Force here...My DS dynoed at 67.5 ....Horsepower Research Gensis 650 ...........All thanks to Eric for the motor work...and to my husband for the light weight set up, tuning and putting up with me while recovering from my 8 broken ribs and colar bone..Got back on her Saturday after a month of healing and she's still the same BEAST she ever was ...there's no putting her down..they built her TOUGH, roll her 4 times and she still kicked back to land on top of me..don't ever underestimate your DS....

Old 07-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DSMIKE has two stock bore, stock stroke, stock valve DS650's on alky, close to 80RWHP.

My turbo DS is also stock bore, stock stroke, stock valve. 650cc is plenty big enough!

ENGINE INTERNALS:
- JE 8:1 forged lightweight dish piston.
- Cometic MLS head gasket. TVI Studs.
- Stock cams.
- Barnett 9 Disc Carbon Fiber Clutch with custom HD springs
- Woods HD Valve Springs shimmed for 11,000RPM Redline
- PAMI lightened Flywheel

IGNITION:
- Vortex X10 with Custom curves, dynamically switched by boost.
- NGK D10EA Plugs gapped at 0.018"

INDUCTION SYSTEM:
- Custom dual intake manifold with TWM twin 40mm throttle body with both TB inlets opened up to 46mm each, fed by 3" diameter piping from 3-times-cylinder-volume airbox.
- Two Bosch 4.7Ohm 160lb/hr peak/hold injectors.
- Adjustable Billet Fuel pressure regulator, boost referenced. SX Performance 80 gal/hr billet alcohol EFI fuel pump. 98 gal/hr Pingel GUZZLER Fuel Valve with AN-8 (1/2") Outlet. IMS 5 gallon gas tank.
- Hymark/Advanced Turbo Systems Speed/Density EFI
- HKS Super Sequential Blow off valve

TURBO:
- Garrett GT Series, 0.67 Exhaust A/R, 0.51 Compressor A/R.
- Hallman Pro RX Manual Boost Controller.
- 2.5" Turbine Outlet Piping. 2.5" Supertrapp. Stock Header pipe.

Old 07-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Kebo is making above 65hp on his tt bike. Crate stock = 44 to 46hp depending on the year model on this dyno.
I have been allowed to ride this bike alot over the last couple years. It did good at the Paducah Nationals too - it is the bike that finished high with "Bo Richards" in several classes. Kebo finished 2nd in the stock bore mod gas (he weighs a little more than Bo!!).

Hightower- good idea on asking for stock dyno numbers. In fact, REQUIRING equivalent numbers on a crate stock bike dyno'ed on the same dyno are needed to validate the claims. Otherwise these numbers mean absolutely nothing!

Old 07-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Scooby, Unfortunately Mike sold all his DS's and his DS stuff to Matt from TX[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If you remember Haley and her Grandpa from WACO,TX , Matt is Haleys Boy friend.

Bigger.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

ok lets do this over again!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

bump[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2004, 01:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Refrase the original question -

Scratch the 65HP question - too vague - too broad

The New Question is:

HOW MANY STOCK BORE's OUT THEIR GAINED 20HP+ OVER THEIR ORIGINAL STOCK DYNO NUMBER?

Old 12-22-2004, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

ok let me try

head work: bob lindburg & dibbern machine
valves: bigger
cams: yep
piston: rw 11.5
carb: tm48
pipe: ron w
fuel: alky
advance timing.
sounds good right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2004, 01:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
DSMIKE has two stock bore, stock stroke, stock valve DS650's on alky, close to 80RWHP.

My turbo DS is also stock bore, stock stroke, stock valve. 650cc is plenty big enough!

ENGINE INTERNALS:
- JE 8:1 forged lightweight dish piston.
- Cometic MLS head gasket. TVI Studs.
- Stock cams.
- Barnett 9 Disc Carbon Fiber Clutch with custom HD springs
- Woods HD Valve Springs shimmed for 11,000RPM Redline
- PAMI lightened Flywheel

IGNITION:
- Vortex X10 with Custom curves, dynamically switched by boost.
- NGK D10EA Plugs gapped at 0.018"

INDUCTION SYSTEM:
- Custom dual intake manifold with TWM twin 40mm throttle body with both TB inlets opened up to 46mm each, fed by 3" diameter piping from 3-times-cylinder-volume airbox.
- Two Bosch 4.7Ohm 160lb/hr peak/hold injectors.
- Adjustable Billet Fuel pressure regulator, boost referenced. SX Performance 80 gal/hr billet alcohol EFI fuel pump. 98 gal/hr Pingel GUZZLER Fuel Valve with AN-8 (1/2") Outlet. IMS 5 gallon gas tank.
- Hymark/Advanced Turbo Systems Speed/Density EFI
- HKS Super Sequential Blow off valve

TURBO:
- Garrett GT Series, 0.67 Exhaust A/R, 0.51 Compressor A/R.
- Hallman Pro RX Manual Boost Controller.
- 2.5" Turbine Outlet Piping. 2.5" Supertrapp. Stock Header pipe.
That's a purty list!

Hats off to those that can make 65HP. . . especially without Nitrous, turbo, power adders (fuel).

For anyone looking at this thread to make a purchase. . . post a thread about what you specifically thinking about doing, what kind of riding you do, etc. That way you'll get info for YOU.

Viper - I hope you have more than 70 on the juice but, it could be that my bigger back yard sucks the HP from my ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Those turbos seem to build power as they go up the hill. Seems like they have 35 HP at the line and 85 at mid hill. . . I'm sure its the boost kicking in. I wouldn't be suprised if most dyno's and turbo engines hit red-line before the boost really has a chance to kick in. Seemed to work for Scooby at 4SW's but, some of the KMS turbos HP numbers almost seem understated.

Hightower:

Me personally, I wouldn't want to sacrafice some of the things I think would be needed to sacrafice to get 65HP out of a stock bore. IMO, I don't want to run a drag pipe, burn nitro-methane fuel, have two-stroke like power with high rev cams, etc. Not saying the thread isn't interesting just watching out for those that read the tread and make a purchase off of it.

Back to your thread. . .

I went with a stock bore stage three build and I think I was 60HP on a conservative dyno. I remember he had dyno numbers for a stock bike but, can't remember what they were. I'ld say a stage three set-up is going to get you close but, to get that extra 5 ponies you may need to take away some of the dunability. JMO.

Quick Reply: How many 65HP+ stock bores out there?