CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

1st dune experience...the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WyoRider,
and for what reason would Kawasaki kid lie? He is not full of "bull", he's simply telling us about his experience. I have also seen a stock ds beat a bannshee with T5 pipes and knN air filter....how's that?

Old 09-06-2000, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Simple, I ride almost every weekend in the sand and see and participate in a lot of races. I'm the first to admit that the DS is fast but to beat all of those quads, "outrageous Banshees" and a "420 big bore Banshee", and virtually everything else is unbelievable. I remember beating a guy on a FMF piped Banshee but that doesn't mean that I beat all piped Banshees so your T-5 Banshee story has no merit. There are some slow piped Banshees because of poor set-up, etc. Long and short; the DS is fast but not that fast especially in the sand. Nobody beats everybody they race on a stock DS.

Old 09-08-2000, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

WyoRider,

Your speculation does not surprise me. As I mentioned I was surprised myself how well I was doing. Please keep in mind Michigan is not like Arizona and California where all they do is ride in the sand. So quads, trucks, and buggies you see at Silver Lake, I'm sure, are nothing, compared to what people see out west.

As I raced over the weekend, the first day I arrived was horrible for me dragging. On Saturday the dunes were wet and I was getting killed. However on a drier Sunday, it was as if someone flipped a switch, it was day and night difference. My DS didn't feel any different, however I starting beating a ton of people (most of which, I raced the day before).

Also, not every production quad is the same. Look at Skooby's (sorry Skooby) but he's had problem after problem, why can't I happen to have got just the opposite? A freak DS if you will?

Lastly, I've got more posts than 2/3 of the people trying to flame this post, so I'm fairly certain I know what I'm talking about. I don't lie, if I'm unaware of a subjet or ignorant to it, I simply won't respond or I'll try to direct someone to a better resource.

Not to mention, I've got it on tape. I'm planning on ordering a video capture card shortly then I'll be able to rip some mpeg movies from the tape and post them on my site.

It doesn't matter whom you beat or what you beat, there will always be someone out there faster. I am in no way saying my DS is the fastest, I was mearly informing everyone how my trip went. I'm sure next year will be entirely different (hense the release of the Raptor) but we'll see and I'll inform everyone again on my findings, including video footage.

Old 09-08-2000, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

Kid,

Keep doing your thing with the DS650, because I might jump on the band wagon really soon. I'll know by the end of next week.

Just Bring it!
j/t

Old 09-08-2000, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

when your ready to test your hill shooting skills the place to be is dumont. I will ride with anybody. when your charging up a hill and
it is peaked with a steep drop off. Just jump it
you will never be more than 10 feet off the ground and its a down hill landing. easy as they come

Old 09-08-2000, 01:32 PM
Range Rover

Well let's see this footage you keep saying you have beating 420 Banshee's with your stock DS. Man you must have hit your head really hard!

Old 09-09-2000, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

2001banshee,

What a unique name, not to mention a unique town. You must have spent a whooping 2 mins to think of something so ingenious?

I'll have some video by Monday or Tuesday. Until then, shut yer hole and go back to your teen chat channel, with your prepubescent cohorts.

Old 09-10-2000, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

KawasakiKid, try to ignore 2001Banshee like the rest of us. He used to be on here under the name of JY2276 and posted a lot if ignorant posts. I guess he changed his name to try to hide from his past but he is at it again. Let us know when you get the videos posted. I'm still skeptical about your races but I'll reserve judgement for now.

Old 09-10-2000, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Wyo,

I would also like to add that the drags here are probably much shorter than where you might ride or see. This course was certainly not 300 yrds, the DS pulls hard from low end through mid and near the end of the stretch was when all the 2 stokers were starting to catch up. The majority of my wins were only by 1 to 2 lengths. The stretch, about 110 to 150 yrds.

I'm going to head over to my friend's house today (he's got a capture card) and I'll start ripping some avi's.

Old 09-11-2000, 08:20 AM
Range Rover

Why so defensive? All I am saying is let us see this amazing footage you keep talking about. There is no way you are going to be outrunning 420 Banshee's with a stock quad.

Quick Reply: 1st dune experience...the good, the bad, and the ugly.