CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Somebody has stolen my quad

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody has stolen my quad

Originally posted by: mystereid
disturbed, I'd like to know more about that security system, I've just started looking at them. Do the outdoor cams use infrared or does the motionlight come on?
My front and back porch cams use flood lights at night but they are also low light capable which means that in the event the lights fail the camera can still make out the footage with a decent amount of clarity. the camera in my shop is of a higher quality it adapts to the light by switching to night vision once activated it records for 60 seconds unless there is constant motion during the 60 sec's it takes 10 still shots. the ones hidden in the smoke detectors are of medium quality just a step up from your standard web cam they also take still shots every few sec's but the image quality is not that great but I usually only have the interior cams on when I'm away from my house for more than a day. each camera once activated records the footage to a VCR/DVR and is stamped with Time/ Date and Cam ID ( Shop , Lv Rm , Fm Room , F prch, R Prch, Ect )
all cams wired through Rca exept my shop cam which runs off of a wireless access point ( 2.4GHz ). You can buy most of these types of systems as a package that include 4 standard cams or you can go the route I did and buy them piece by piece so that they suit your individual needs. the recorder and the switch is the most expensive part at $300-500 the cams run $79- 200 depending on brand / quality and Res. the indoor camera's can be purchased to look like a smoke detector , alarm clock , std wall clock , air purifier and pretty much anything else you can think of. hopefully I didn't leave anything out anyways I.M. me if you need any other details I don't want to Tie up the thread more than I have to.

Old 12-24-2004, 04:52 AM
Pro Rider

Just insure the quad for more than you can build another one, most cases 10 or 15K ins. only about $200 a year anywhere.

Old 12-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: BlackHawk
Isn't there some part of the world where they cut off your hand for stealing?
Saudi Arabia [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

It really sickens me to see this kind of thing going on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] After Wayne's DS was stolen I went out and bought insurance for the first time. Allstate won't cover a powered vechcle under there home owners policy, even if it is stolen out of the garage. I had to go with Progressive 350 for my ds and 400ex for 1 year. I really hope you get your quad back and they catch those bast##ds.

Old 12-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Christmas day. Still nothing.
Police say an arrest was made. The truck and quad have not been recovered.
Thanks again for the suggestions and links.
Brian

Old 12-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to hear that man. Dont let it ruin your Christmas though, it sounds pretty promising that you will get it back. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-26-2004, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

Motion security camera. That sounds kool. Anywho around here, there is very low crime. I never ever lockup my toys. But i hear stories like Nudnuri's and it makes me think twice.

This is a risky idea, but i've heard of this in many high crime area's. U have a piece of bate (quad, nice lookin vehicle) out on your driveway or whatever. Then you set it up with hidden security cameras. That would lure some prey in.

Old 12-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I like it. Just like hunting. Instead of throwing some corn out, I'll put the quad I have left and wait in my tree stand. When the thieves come I will shoot them dead. Then I will hold them up by an ear and have my picture taken with them!
Sorry scumbags deserve nothing less.
I don't know whi I'm more mad at? The thieves that stole it or the cops, who made a positive ID on the truck with my quad in it not 30 minutes after calling 911 at 3 am, and didn't stop them?

Old 12-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know what the charges are or if there is any jailtime in the states, but i think theft should be a stiffer penlty. Think of it like huntin, but the environment is your yard.

Old 12-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

sorry to hear that man , good luck on finding that recon , can tell you realy had love for that machine , and were proud of it and all the work you have done on it . And its a great thing to hear , Good luck finding thos peices of ***** that stole it !

Quick Reply: Somebody has stolen my quad