CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Somebody has stolen my quad

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody has stolen my quad

so mudnari could you keep us updated what is going on?

Old 12-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Pro Rider

Hi
Now I am really spinning. The officer that came for the 911 call is back on duty. I have been told repeatedly that HE IS THE ONLY ONE that knows all about this case. So I get a hold of him last night and he has less information than I do. He was not aware of any arrest or line-up. He said he would get t o the bottom of it and call me back. I am still holding my breath. What he did tell me was that after he left my house he was down the road writing the report up when a truck fitting the description, with a yellow quad in the back, sped by. They were heading towards the freeway I-95. Then they headed South. He said they were too fast for him. I said what ever happened to the helicopter they had dispatched and whatever happened to "you can't outrun the radio?" He said it was not their policy to pursue stolen property!!!!!????? He said they were last seen going in to Riviera Beach. That puts a total new, different spin on the theft. That is an ALL BLACK area. I have been looking in the complete wrong place.
I told the officer if I had only knew that 6 days ago I would have looked there. I told him I understand that it is not life/death and would be more than happy to look my self. Just give the info I need!
Okay, I have to go to work.
To tell you the truth, after seeing this tidalwave thing, I don't feel so bad. I still have a lot to be thankful for. Don't get me wrong, these lowlife scum need to be removed from earth and I would love to do it myself with a rope like they deserve.
I am going to the that police station with a bunch of printed descriptions and hope the officers get it and at least can keep an eye out for it.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a story your local news agency might like to do a peice on. Ya know the stuff like how are local law inforcment is willing to do paper work while watching the theives drive by [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Now that is some sick sh$t there. I hope they don't have "to serve and protect" written on there sqad cars.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

after he left my house he was down the road writing the report up when a truck fitting the description, with a yellow quad in the back, sped by. They were heading towards the freeway I-95. Then they headed South. He said they were too fast for him.

What does the police drive there? a hugo?

Old 12-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That is a good point - trucks don't turn corners very fast at all - especially not if carrying cargo. So if this guy was in a car, all he had to do was go fast in a straightaway because most of us drive trucks and most of them are quick, but come on, a police cruiser is MADE to chase people, right? They are supposed to keep up with sports cars and we all know how much better those handle than our beloved trucks....

Old 01-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

He said it was not their policy to pursue stolen property!!!!!????? [/quote]

What is there policy? And better yet what do they get paid to do? I would be a lttle sick and pissed off!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

Attention all theives. If you want to steel and not have the police chase you (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) go to jupiter florida. If I was a theif thats what I'd do.

Old 01-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jupiter Florida, Tulsa Oklahoma...

I realize there are certainly worse crimes than theft, and many thieves are more dangerous than these guys, but if we don't chase these guys for stealing quads then what is to stop them from kaing a carrer of it. If someone makes a career of it or just does it frequently, how long before the 'same old' stuff gets old, and they try something more daring - perhaps a jewelry theft, or just run in someones house and steal stuff? What about home invasion robbery while the people are home? I suppose the answer is that we would all like to see the cops at least TRY to stop the thieves when there is a situation (such as Wayne's theft, and Brians) where just a little effort would have netted a busted criminal. We don't need a dramatic shift in how the system works, just that people would do their job the way they should by working.

Some civil servants deserve praise, some deserve a kick in the ***. But I guess that is the same with any other profession in the USA.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Damn dude, this sucks real bad. alot of quads on this forum have been stolen this year, its really sad.

of course the truck was reported stolen, that's what I would do too as soon as I realized I may have lost my registration at a crime scene.
or maybe this guy was framed by some loser he knows, some loser grabs his truck and then intentionally leaves his registration at the scene.

I have ZERO faith in all law enforcement and its up to us individuals to weed the gene pool of the filth that plagues our society.
in the meantime all we can do is lock up best we can to slow the ***** down, and carry insurance on everything we own, no matter where we live or how remote. the more remote it is, the easier it is.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I want to thank you guys again. It's been 2 weeks tonight that it was stolen.
The detective called me this morning to let me know he is back and very aware of this problem here. As was mentioned before, if you want a quad, and don't want to get chased, pursed, or stopped, come on down! We have tons of them for the taking. You can't really ride them anywhere down here anyway. They advertise on the TV, radio, and billboards all over for these ATV's but there is nowhere you are allowed to ride.? Unless you live in Riviera Beach, Florida. Murders every day. Not in my niehborhood. Why is that? People there are all over the streets like zombies but the place looks like slumy $hithole. Hmmm? Not in my niehborhood. Why is that? I could go on and on and turn this into a racial issue but I won't because a thief is s thief no matter what race.
I guess what is happening is the further I dig, the more compex the problem becomes.
The detective warned me today that they WILL be back for the other one. I told him I have been praying they would. He told me whatever I do I had better be in fear for my life. Well let me tell you, knowing they will be back doesn't make me feel all that good. I have certain choices to make. I want justice. I don' think our current system works. I am directing every penny I have into surveilance(?spelling) so I can be awakened and protect what is mine. Right now my DS is in the back of my truck backed up to my bedroom window. The detective said they will steal my truck, too.
Okay, gotta go back to work.
Brian

Quick Reply: Somebody has stolen my quad