CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Bomb Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 03:18 PM
TPR
The Champ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bomb Sport

Ok, everyone, I apologize, I take back any and all attempts at creating a discussion. I guess that attempt was a mistake as it has been so eloquently been pointed out.
My friends, if you can't read my previous post, and figure out what I am trying to do here, then I've spoken to those with deaf ears. I write in the manner that suits me. I am not some 15 year old Dungeons and Dragons geek, but I guess to speak in terms other than monosyllabic grunts and groans to get a point across.
Did I somehow derail the good, constructive conversations here? No, but what has happened is that some people can't get out of their own way to see what lies beneath.
I don't like how he writes....must be a geek. Why won't he release the info I want to hear....must be a liar. So he won't sell out people who trust him with info on new things....ahhh, his credibility still is weak.
Perhaps, you might try opening your narrow perspective and understand that not every ATV afficionado is....YOU!!! Sorry to burst your bubble, but I drink beer...love my woman....drive a big diesel truck and can ride very well. I have probably been riding since most were in diapers.
Problem is I am not a braggart, I don't know everything and am open for critique....I even try to respond as kindly and eloquently as I can.
Perhaps, if those of you that don't like me didn't bother to post at all, this would have been a better conversation, but I will not....repeat that will not fail to respond in a mature manner to any and all attacks upon my person.

The Phantom.....has spoken...don't like it? Turn the channel.....

Old 04-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

This is my channel... get off it. End this non-sense at once.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:47 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default New Bomb Sport

Now listen here son, I own the cable network, cable provider and the television you own. You have the clicker....I'll sell you the batteries you need to make it work. Just follow the instructions.....positive to positive, negative to negative....or better yet + to + and - to -.

Then just press off.

The Phantom......gets along with those that wish to have their lives enhanced.....

Old 04-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

This is the largest Bombardier forum going. What do you realistically want from BRP in the near or distant future. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Get it?

Old 04-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

Originally posted by: 222
This is the largest Bombardier forum going. What do you realistically want from BRP in the near or distant future. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Get it?
Triple duece, what did you have to go and explain it for I have been havin fun reading this thread.LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
they are here and monitor these and other forums daily. If you want a new DS 650, be realistic in what you want done to you r beloved Bomb. If you want a middleweight quad that can challenge the 400-450 crop of atv's, what would realistically put you in a dealership to purchase one.

Bombardier,
What I would really like to see is for Bombadier to build us a faster better handling race ATV, instead of sitting on the same old DS year after year. I spent last Saturday doing timed runs comparing my DS 650 to a YFZ 450 on a five mile course that included wide open fifth gear sandy two track roads, big bermed turns, whoops, and a moderately long section of tight twisty trail through pinion pine trees. I hate to say it, but my times were consistently faster on the YFZ, and it was less fatigueing as well. So if Bombardier wants to keep their customers they need to keep up with the competition.

Phantom,
if you want people to believe you, then say what you know. Sorry, but this "I can't tell" line is a bunch of BS, at least that is my take on it. Good day.

Old 04-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Range Rover
Default New Bomb Sport

Originally posted by: 222

Yes, that is quite obvious what Greg is attempting here. I got it a while ago. Unfortunately he's dangling the figurative grapes over our noses, claiming to know the inside scoop, and he expects everyone to add (to the discussion) what they WANT in a Bomby sport quad, without having any substance to HIS threads, all the while dangling this 2006 DS450 over us. Meanwhile, he'll interlude with his "clever" little posts like he's leading us on to something... I don't play those games. He obviously does not understand human nature, when taunted, people respond two ways - agressive and passive. My suspicions are correct - lots of ATVers are AGGRESSIVE - wow what a revelation! I'll have to write my master's on this subject...

Anyway, I do appreciate the lack of personal attacks in Greg's posts, he's not doing as I am. Its commendable and shows some class. But if nothing is added to the subject of the thread, please do not post (Greg). He's playing such a game here changing his Profiles, I really don't know who's gonna catch him anyway (or who really cares). He claims to be over 15, I sure don't know anyone over that age that behaves this way! All I know is his name is Greg, thats it. Big Deal!!! Here's my last ditch effort to Phantom: I want something out of this thread, I've spent a good 3/4 of an hour reading and posting to it, that's a lot of time in my world (too much in front of a computer if you ask me) and I've got nothing out of it. And I do think your intentions are good, even though silly and abstract. I don't think that BRP is gonna halt production on their 06 DS450 because they read a few posters wanted something different. If that was the case, they would have ditched the DS in its current form 3-4 years ago. IF you DO know something, will you answer yes and no to questions? I think that is only way I can get any satisfaction at all out of this pointless thread. If you agree to this, I will post some simple questions in the next few days. If not, I'm totally done with this like about 98% of everyone who's read this. And I mean it this time! The ball's in your court Greg.

Dammit, at 4 posts already (and I broke my word about posting some more)... adding to the problem

Old 04-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

[i]....

Bombardier,
What I would really like to see is for Bombadier to build us a faster better handling race ATV, instead of sitting on the same old DS year after year. I spent last Saturday doing timed runs comparing my DS 650 to a YFZ 450 on a five mile course that included wide open fifth gear sandy two track roads, big bermed turns, whoops, and a moderately long section of tight twisty trail through pinion pine trees. I hate to say it, but my times were consistently faster on the YFZ, and it was less fatigueing as well. So if Bombardier wants to keep their customers they need to keep up with the competition.

.[/quote]

I think what you are missing here is that the DS in the DS650 stands for dune sport, not 5 mile closed circut track course. The DS is in it's realm in wide open areas. If you are pitting it against at 450 on a closed track, I oculd havde told you that the DS will not match the smaller bikes. In the dunes and open desert is where the DS excels...

If you want a Bombardier that will compete with the 450's, I don't think it will have the moniker of DS.........just my .02

Old 04-20-2005, 02:18 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default New Bomb Sport

Look, there is nothing I would like more than to do a Q&A on here, but that simply can't happen. The questions I can answer yes to are probably things that you have already known, the ones I can't answer due to courtesy issues as to what can and can't be said.

That would lead you to be further frustrated and angry, so I will stop right here. If you all want to try to continue a discussion of possibilities, go forth...but I have decided to pull out of this thread as I am too distracting to some.

The Phantom.....is your hero......

Old 04-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default New Bomb Sport

Well ive laid back on this one too long but it is entertaining!!! But desert viper i suggest you try praticing a tad more there is a reason the same old ds keeps bringing home the wins BAJA"ROCK TO ROCK"PRIM"LAUGHLIN"250 BORDER CROSSING . And the list gose on if your getting beat by the little guy's i suggest you keep practicing.Because the bike is not to blame!!!And get real the 450 less fatiguing YEA RIGHT!!! there is nothing wrong with the ds its just most of us would like to see a lighter bike out of bomber!!!!!

Quick Reply: New Bomb Sport