CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Bomb Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 08:50 PM
TPR
The Champ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bomb Sport

Perhaps you may see that as defensive, however I needed to clear the air and state the facts. The fact is, that I can post from any IP address, and since I post from a business that has a number of personel, and a fair amount of turnover and promotions that, have landed me here. I was aware that this could happen, that's fine, but there are public accusations, that if I had been careless in what i spoke about, then people might have a problem with a number of people. As stated above, there is nothing I have posted here that hasn't been posted before and there is nothing "new" at all. The fact I got some people having discussions was the point from the beginning. I appreciate that I have created a little stir in my corner of the universe, but the directions it has taken confounds me.
Have I wronged those that have accused me?? If so, please show me one example where I have, as I don't recall insulting anyone.
Oh well, just another day in the life of the Phantom.......

The Phantom.......is more than meets the eye, but less than he is accused of.....

Old 04-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

Something is going on with BRP thats for sure. There are ads on the radio (105.3 San Diego) about great deals on Bombardier quads only. No mention of the popular Sea Doos. The ad states that $1000 off all 04 and prior years and huge discounts on current inventory atv's. Never heard of Bombardier making huge discounts on only atv's. Maybe its to make room for the incomming SeaDoos for summer?

Old 04-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

Boy oh boy phantom. Get a life says steveo!

Old 04-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

The local dealer said he is shutting the doors on Bombardier because they refused to send him the parts to fix the bikes in his shop right now, and about 3 other dealers in Louisiana are also discontinuing the Bombardier line! Now what does that mean?

Old 04-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

check out phantoms signature- 2006 ds 450 lol he sounds like one of them guys that went to college for underwater basket weaving lol

Old 04-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default New Bomb Sport

The only facts that I know are that in Dirt weels magazine when they interviewed the bombardier rep he stated that they are going to update the old outdated DS650 and that the public would be very happy.

I don't know if I want them to come out with a new one yet my 2004 Baja is not paid off :0)

Old 04-14-2005, 03:54 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default New Bomb Sport

And I happened to get an a in underwater basket weaving, thank you very much. I appreciate all of the responses that have been posted here. My intent seems to be taking hold as discussion and an upswelling of support are needed to have the factories move forward. You are the reason this can happen. Don't stop voicing your opinion as it matters more than you think.

Bombardier owners, espically the ones in these forums are very loyal and are good people to discuss things with. I only hope that despite a few detractors that I absoulutely thank for bringing all sides to the table, we can cause enough stir to bring forth new products for us to enjoy.

The Phantom....is a phenom.....

Old 04-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

I talked to the local dealer today and he said they dont have any problems with the engine just the frame is too big, and they were gonna try to make a new smaller lighter one and still use the same motor if its true or not we will se

Old 04-14-2005, 04:10 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default New Bomb Sport

You are absoultely correct, the frame is massive and if possible, they need to somehow engineer a new frame and reduce the girth a little. It's just tough because that engine needs a beefy frame to handle a cross section of riding styles. Sure, you can build a lightweight drag frame, but it won't hold up over a long stretch of desert or trails.
It is good, however that they over-built it out of the box, it has lent itself well to helping Bomb build a good reputation for reliability in the industry.

The Phantom........is having his cake and eating it too.....

Old 04-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

I wonder if it is possible for BRP to keep the BAJAX model,and then redesign the DS650 as a 400lb new machine ??? I am personally not interested in a light weight big bore, but I know I am in the MINORITY big time. Thier are so many ways to save wieght on the current DS it isnt funny. The seat wieghs 20lbs!! , then their is the heavy OILTANK, then the frame ofcorse is over engineerd. they need to go with a 520 chain,and reduce the size of the Bolts in the whole machine, cause they are all over kill. This would bring the DS650 in the same weight class as the Rappy, but it wil also share its share of faults like the Rappy does with its design aswell.

I say keep the BAJAX for us big guys, and then give the average size riders thier 400lbs DS he has been begging for!

bigger

Quick Reply: New Bomb Sport