CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Bomb Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:53 PM
TPR
The Champ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bomb Sport

What's the skinny on the new Bomb sport??? There was some vague innuendo to somthing new on the horizon in the ATV Sport with a article on BRP's new head honcho. There was also much speculation on the continued refinement of BRP's 2-smoke program and the "I'm not saying anything, but nothing's impossible" attitude their new boss seems to have.
More than likely some pie in the sky hopes, then again, what the heck is my signature all about?

The Phantom is out of time.....

Old 03-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

Well, Im sure all of us would love to know whats in store for the future of not only Bombardier but others aswell. There are some strong contenders out there if they would only consider them in a sport chassis, just my 2cents..so whenever you find out let us know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2005, 12:34 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default New Bomb Sport

I know some things, much of which I can not divulge, though the answers will hopefully come sooner, rather than later. That applies to several manufacturers and the products they are developing.....

The Phantom......knows somthing.....

Old 03-31-2005, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

no, u don't

Old 03-31-2005, 03:55 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default New Bomb Sport

Thanks for the reply, your response is appreciated and expected. My validation though will come sooner than one might think. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The Phantom.......makes people scratch their head.....

Old 03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

I know there are new 2-stroke systems burning cleaner than some 4-strokes, working on the principle of EFI injecting fuel into the chamber only after the piston has gone past the ports and compression is beginning, elliminating the typical 2-stroke scenario of scavenged fuel/oil during exhaust/intake cycles being thrown out the exhaust unburnt. great things on the way for watercraft, sleds, and ATV's alike I can only assume.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Bomb Sport

Bomb's SDI 2 strokes are a great evolution of the powerplant and overdue IMO. One can only hope this technology continues to improve and spread into more machines.

Originally posted by: Steveo10
no, u don't
Whether he does or not can only be shown over time, and even then may still be unclear. In any case, who are any of us to say that many of these types of posts are incorrect? Unless you have inside information that refutes the claims of others or the claims violate common sense, you have no leg to stand on. Then again, common sense is very falliable. Would anyone have expected the 650cc bomb back in 2000 when the largest sport quad was the Honda 400ex?

However, its certainly entertaining until then. What are the alternatives? The herd of 14 year olds asking a dozen times a day when the new quad comes out? Or perhaps the all too trusting and gullible adults taking thier dealer's word for the top secret insider information on the release of new models?

So I say go ahead Phantom, the kiddies need new bikes to dream and post about. Who knows, we may see some corporate implants who come here to guage public reaction to possible new machines or changes to the existing lineups. Perhaps the Phantom is even one of these, or the antithesis of such PR employees and something else entirely. Only time will tell...

Old 03-31-2005, 04:10 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default New Bomb Sport

Ahhh, well put....someone with an excellent working knowlege of combustion physics and an open mind. A train of thought placed firmly on it's tracks......

The Phantom.......can't be called a incorrect if there is nothing concrete to refute his claim.....

Old 03-31-2005, 04:21 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default New Bomb Sport

By the way, thanks maddog for the words...I can't say who I am, what my reasons are other than passing on that information which I can. I am not here to anger, mislead or upset anyone (except maybe those in the industry who's nerves I'm poking when I post)

I will own up to any non-truth that comes out, weather it be a quad that isn't released, or a certian aspect that comes out differently than I describe (if that info is available to me.)

I am here to have fun, spark interesting dialogue and hopefully give the manufacturers a kick in the pants to help us build our sport to new heights.

The Phantom......is very pleased.....

Old 03-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Bomb Sport

the SDI techology used in the sleds is good but i believe the ETEC system used in the evinrude outboards is even better, i wish i could find the brp ad on dootalk, its hilarious, all the 4 stroke owners getting punched n kick in the nuts

Quick Reply: New Bomb Sport