CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

This is for the people who HAVE seen a raptor and a Ds650 drag race...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2000, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if the 660 loses to the DS, its intent was NOT to directly compete with it. The DS's home is sand. The R's is woods. I can't use 6th on mine or 5th on either of those around where I live anyways.

Old 10-07-2000, 03:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have done more than seen one. Last weekend at silver lake I had my stock ds with only paddle tires on it out to hunt down some raptors. I raced 2 raptors both stock engines with paddles.
The results are as follows we raced a dozen or so times between 300 to 500 yards along lake michigan on smooth firm sand. Both raptors could pull me out of the hole. But when I got into 3rd gear (about 30 or 40 yards into the race) my ds would pull back up on the raptors. In 4th gear I would pull a few quads links on them and in 5th gear my ds was giving both of them a good sand blasting. One of the raptor riders wanted to try my ds out so we swapped quads and raced again. The results were the same. It makes me laugh when people who dont have a ds or a raptor make comments about what they have read in the magazines. You cant always believe what you read. But heads up drag racing will never lie. I dont want the raptor guys to cry but its a fact, stock for stock the ds is a few quad lengths faster. Anyone who says different has not raced them.

Remember losing is natures way of saying you suck.

When in doubt gas it. And last......yes its fast, no you cant ride it.

Old 10-07-2000, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer

Thats not always true, last weekend I raced a DS and beat him every time.

Old 10-07-2000, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

NOFear, what did you race on (terrain)? Did you switch machines and ride? Any modifications on either machine? how much did you "beat him" by?

Old 10-07-2000, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer

Read the post i made.

Old 10-07-2000, 05:24 PM
Range Rover

Today(sunday, 24), me and a few of my buds were out riding like usual when 3wheelers fly by us so we catch up to them so we check out there rides the first one a 99 banshee with fmf fatty pipes, power core II silencers, and holeshot mx tires,
the second ride a 2000 bombardier ds650 with graydon nerfs and a rotax pipe(no kit
just pipe), and the third ride a 2001 raptor. So we show them where we ride and ask
if they have dragged yet. They tell us know so of course 2 curious 14 year olds and a 12 year old want to see it so we show them a place where they can top it out and hold it there. We got there and they took some practice runs out there. Here is the
stats:
riders expirience:it isnt there first time to ride
drag terrain: flat, and grass
strip distance: 1/2 mile
quads mods: read above
So i told them when to go and the took off, the raptor wheelied of the line but held on the gas and got the holeshot about a quad length behind was the ds and about four lengths behind was the banshee due to its burning out because of its road worn holeshots. About fourth gear the raptor started pulling away still wheeling through
the gears up till fifth gear but the ds wasnt to far behind and the banshee was done
for after they got to fourth due to its spinning tires. At he end it was the raptor
followed buy the ds about 2 lengths behind, and the banshee about six. This is the truth no exageration. I will be happy to here your opinion but remeber i was the one there so please dont tell me what i saw and dont get on my case cause i wasnt racin i was just watchin them. L8ta

Old 10-07-2000, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

How weird. You'd think that with a Rotax pipe it would be alot faster then stock, and from other confirmations the stock ds can and does beat a stock raptor...but maybe not? I wish we could see the test in the 4wheelatvaction magazine! against the ds vs. raptor