CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

This is for the people who HAVE seen a raptor and a Ds650 drag race...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2000, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know (honestly) from someone, which machine takes the win in a drag race? Over in the Yamaha Forum, everyone is saying that the Raptor will walk on the ds everywhere. I think that really sucks that about 90% of people think that that new raptor is the best thing since bread and butter, and will beat the ds in a drag race. So who here has seen them race? who has heard about a race? Those yama's are very very sensative about the raptor by the way, dont ever say anything bad about it, they will all jump on you like a wild pack of dogs! Thanks

Old 09-27-2000, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I raced a raptor 2 weeks age. SMOKED IT! It got me off the start, but when I hit 3rd it was see you later to the raptor. Its more hipe than machine.

Old 09-27-2000, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Really? What did you drag race on? How long was the race itself? And finally how far ahead did you beat h im? how many lengths?

Old 09-27-2000, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Oh by the way, are you sure it wasnt just the rider? Did you change machines and race? Did you ever ride the raptor?

Old 09-28-2000, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Yea, they are so sensitive they have to go into other forums to "defend themselves".

It's pretty sad, and it's only matched by the Banshee owners......

Old 09-28-2000, 12:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have not raced a DS yet, but it does seem they are pretty evenly matched. Both the Raptor and the DS are mass produced with general engine tolerences, so engine performance will potentially vary from 1 DS or Raptor to the next one that ran off of the assembly line right behind it. So this "mine is faster-no mine is faster" topic will never be resolved.

Old 09-28-2000, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

We raced on pavement,about a couple hundred yards. The raptor is no slouch. I beat him by about 3 quad lengths. To me it doesnt matter if the ds is faster or the raptor is faster. I just had to beat this guy I raced. He is the most arrogant person in the world. You see this guy wouldnt ride with me because he had a 400ex and I have a ds. Didnt here from him for 3 months till he got his raptor. It doesnt matter what you ride, just dont let your mouth write a chech your azz cant cash.

Old 10-01-2000, 12:56 AM
Range Rover

Yes, I have raced a raptor. Off the start he could not keep the front end down. But I could, so I would get the jump and just keep going and win. Then we tried from a rolling start, I beat him there to. But not buy a hole lot. He is getting a sprocket soon, don't know what size but he said it would help. I will post how I do!!!!!

We did race on dirt!!

Old 10-01-2000, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

i used to want a ds bad but now i want a raptor. thats only because i think raptors look slightly cooler and i'm gonna be in the woods more than i'll be at the dunes. and to me their are both pretty evenly matched. and besides its like this one guy i know says "it ain't what you ride. its how you ride it" but then on the other hand when i told that guy i wanted a raptor he said he wanted one of the new 800's yamaha is coming out with. thats bull crap.

Old 10-02-2000, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I beat not 1 but three raptors this past weekend on a 300 foot dirt drag track with my stock tires and them having prowedge II's. I have only a K&N filter and nitro fuel additive. I beat two of them by 2 bike lengths and the other by one. Goodness I can't wait to get my big gun and rev limiter to really eat up some raptor butt.

00 DS650 K&N filter

Quick Reply: This is for the people who HAVE seen a raptor and a Ds650 drag race...