CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds battery replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2000, 09:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a battery that will fit the Ds? Excluding a factory replacement. I have been looking all over but I cant seem to find the right size.

Old 10-04-2000, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

I THINK YOU`L HAVE TO GO WITH THE FACTORY BATTERY

Old 10-06-2000, 04:54 PM
Range Rover

I hope this is not a trend starting here, but my dealer has ordered me a battery for mine and it is only a month old. It wouldnt start last weekend and since it was under warranty I did not mess with it incase it would have been the stator.

Old 10-08-2000, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

Yep mine is only four months old. It was weird because i started it and let it idle for about 10 minutes. then by bro got on it and it died, when he went to start it back up we got nothin, just the loud buzzing coming from the stator. I pulled the battery and and hooked it up to the battery charger, the damn thing wouldnt even take a charge! And i know that it wasnt completely dead because there was enough left in it to run the lights. warranty better cover this.

Old 10-09-2000, 12:35 PM
Range Rover

The warranty covered mine, but I have not had this DS but a little over a month, they may tell you the warranty is out on yours. I cant remember if it was a 3 or 6 month warranty.

Old 10-09-2000, 12:52 PM
Range Rover

What is the brand/part # of the battery? I not by my DS right now... I know it is a 12v 13a..

What is the exact size of the battery? LxWxH. If you are looking straight at the battery, is the postive lead on the left or right?

I have several sources I can search if someone will post the info.

Old 10-10-2000, 09:35 AM
Range Rover

Humm..Looked at my last night. Thats a really weird size. Don't see anything exactly that will fit nicely in the box. There are a couple that might work ok.

If mine were to go, I think I would go ahead and relocate it to the air box. (Get one that fits nicely in it)

Old 10-10-2000, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

I AM NOT POSITIVE BUT I THINK PINGRYS MAKES AN ALUMINUM AIRBOX THAT WILL HOLD ALL THE ELECTRONICS AND BATTERY INSIDE OF IT.

Old 10-10-2000, 02:57 PM
Range Rover

Yes they do. I believe it is designed to use the stock battery though.

So, if you wanted to use a more standard battery, I guess you have to make your own.

Or buy one of the batterys that is slightly smaller and put a little more rubber around it for padding.

Old 10-10-2000, 05:29 PM
Range Rover

I drove 30 minutes to my dealer today to get a replacement battery. They told me yesterday that they would give me a new one under warranty. well when I got there they tested the battery and said it had a full charge. THey told me that they would not give me a new one until he looked at the whole quad. Now i know for a fact that it is the battery because it works fine with the one that i have rigged on there right now. he told me to clean the terminals and try it again (even thogh the terminals were perfectly clean ) so i drove 30 minuts back home and cleaned it up a little bit, and put it back on the quad. guess what? nothin thats what. the f!KIN thing still wont start, it just has the loud buzzin noise. I have to go back there tommorow now. I am sick and tired of my dealer they suck ***!!

Quick Reply: ds battery replacement