CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

rear axle bearing parts-

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear axle bearing parts-

I ordered new bearings and seals today cause mine are shot anyway i was looking at my cdrom parts list ans they show the bearing seal and something called a wear ring, what is that and do i need it? the cdrom i have os for a 2001 and i have a 2002 thanks fellas, oh yeah the bearings come with the races too right?

Old 04-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jackass650
I ordered new bearings and seals today cause mine are shot anyway i was looking at my cdrom parts list ans they show the bearing seal and something called a wear ring, what is that and do i need it? the cdrom i have os for a 2001 and i have a 2002 thanks fellas, oh yeah the bearings come with the races too right?
Bearings come with the races. Make sure you do not mix and match when taking them apart.
Unless you damage it the wear ring doesn't need replacing.

Old 04-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

www.tuckerrocky.com part number 41-3373 quadboss rear bearing kit, comes with bearings, seals, and races, $36.50 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

ok thanks for the info guys, i already have it apart but where are the wear rings? are they on the brake hub and the axle hub? if so how do i get them off?

Old 04-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't find it necessary to remove the one on the sprocket hub. When you remove the brake caliper and the holding bracket you will find another wear ring. 1 on each side. The rubber seal rides on them so, IMO, unless you damage them it is really not necessary to replace them unless you have allot of miles on the bike. Oh and they should basically fall off but you may have to tap them lightly.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

PS you can order the bearings from McMaster-Carr for $17.00 each.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

so i take it they are on the end of the hub facing the bearing, brass looking? very thin ?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

ok i have gotten both my wear rings off, i had to clean the grease off to see them now i wonder how do the go back on? they came off really hard like they were glued on, do the new ones just slip on? do i oil them heat them or freeze the carrier? or hammer them on? thanks fellas

Old 04-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jackass650
ok i have gotten both my wear rings off, i had to clean the grease off to see them now i wonder how do the go back on? they came off really hard like they were glued on, do the new ones just slip on? do i oil them heat them or freeze the carrier? or hammer them on? thanks fellas
Holy Crap! non of the above!.....They were probably difficult to get off because of hardened grease residue. However believe it or not my bearing races were glued in place...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Heating up the carrier help loosen the races up so I could tap them out. THE WEAR RINGS ARE NOT ATTACHED TO THE CARRIER....They slip into the seal, or rather the seal slips over them when reassembling. I never found it necessary to remove the one on the sprocket hub side so it may be pressed on or glued but the one on the brake caliper side just slid off.....If you take them off and feel you need to "HAMMER" them back on do it by sliding a piece of pipe over the axle and tap on the pipe not the wear ring! If you deform the ring it will not serve as a contact point for the seal.

Aslo don't forget the "O" ring that goes between the Brake caliper bracket and the carrier.!

Old 04-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

gotcha thanks scoundrel, I coundnt have done it with out ya

Quick Reply: rear axle bearing parts-