CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I think I'm done

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I'm done

Wow! What a weekend in South Beach!
Okay, I went to the insurance company and all they can do is what the lienholder wants to do, which is the ex.
So, I get a hold of her and I tell her the truth and how she can make out. She was cool with my offer. I will put $1,000 towards the loan and I keep the rest. I will continue to pay monthly on the rest as always.
The insurance co wants to give me $5,600. I purchased the additional/custom items thing in my contract. I said no way with the brand new rims & tires and Elkas. I have receipts and will take the Elkas off and go back to stock. They said fine.
I know I can get $6-700 for them.
I will have $5,200 for sure when it's all over.
Orrrrrrr
I can take $3,600 and keep the quad but it will have a totaled title.
I would still have to put $1,000 towards the loan. Leaving enough to fix my quad or part it out and have about $6-7,000.
Thennnn I could pay off the only negitive crap on my credit, pay off my truck and pay my deductable from the frigging crash. I just go tthe bill for the hospital $17,066. I almost shat myself. I wanted a sponge bath with a happy ending at least. I will have to pay around $2,500 in all from medical expenses. Glad I have insurance.
My DS is not that bad either. The dealer went nuts when I told him I was insured.
I have never made a claim before and figured when they asked me who would receive the check in the event of loss, I thought "cool" Make it out to me. Well it doesn't work like that when it is a total. There has to be a clear title that you own it. Or that the owner signs off.
Anyway I though that was cool of the ex. She said I was never bad to her and never tried to screw her over and she didn't think I would over this.

Aghhhh but she does not know that the crash has turned me into an evil little s$it and I am taking ALL the money and going to VEGAS!!!

Old 05-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I'm done

That's one of the best "ex's" I've ever heard of!
Glad to hear it's working out as well as possible. Laws on payments for a total loss do vary from state to state.
$17k in hospital bills?!? OUCH! Sound like they got the happy ending!!!