ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/204498-stolen-ds-recovered.html)

1BAD250R 05-22-2005 03:34 AM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

About 45 minutes ago my father did the unthinkable...he recovered his DS650 Baja that was stolen sometime between last night and early this morning. It was locked down on our trailer last night as he planned on going riding Saturday morning, but when he woke up it was gone (I'd be going with him ,of course, if I could but im away at college). My father and my brother handed out Reward flyers all over and they got a call about an hour ago from some kids saying they saw a guy on a DS Baja. They found the guy and took the quad back (believe me when I say my father didn't politely ask for it back...if you know what I mean!) He called the cops and the #$@hole is in the back of a cop car as I write this while the cop takes the report. This is the first time I have ever heard of someone getting a stolen quad back!

rescuediver 05-22-2005 05:36 AM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

Glad he was able to recover it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Especially in that short time span[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Make sure he prosecutes to the full extent of the law.

BlackHawk 05-22-2005 06:22 AM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

That is the greatest news I've heard in a LONG TIME!!!

I second that rescuediver!! Make the punishment at least come closer to fitting the crime!

That is 1, now we just have a few hundred more Stolen DSs to find!

Teebone56 05-22-2005 10:34 AM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

That makes my day score 1 for the good guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

tyzorg 05-22-2005 11:13 AM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

one thing i dont get is... how do u know for sure that was yours?

DsDemonKid 05-22-2005 11:16 AM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

good job... lemme me at 'em[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

1BAD250R 05-22-2005 11:21 AM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

Tyzorg, we know it was ours because we have it titled and we checked the VIN. Plus its the only DS around here with brand new Holeshot HDs on the rear.

1BAD250R 05-22-2005 11:29 AM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

I got the details of the recovery this morning. He saw the guy coming down a dirt road with the lights out so my pops headed towards him at about 80mph. My dad stomped on the brakes and slid the truck sideways (we have a new F-250 crew cab 4X4 diesel that is lifted 8 inches with 38" super swampers.....and he slid it sideways for crying out loud!). The guy on the DS freaked and hit the brakes hard which sent him flying into the nearby woods. When he got up my dad forced him to the ground with a Louisville Slugger and the held him there with his boot on his head and a bat to his neck till the cops came. My dad is 6'2', weighs 250 lbs. and used to get in bar fights when he was young for fun....thats the wrong guy to steal a quad from!

Hightower 05-22-2005 12:31 PM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

that's awesome, I'm glad the ol' man got a couple licks in on the bastard, since the law will be doing nothing to him.

I agree this is awesome news, I'm so happy somebody had a happier ending than the norm!!

BigWaynester 05-22-2005 12:33 PM

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

Good story with a great ending, I think if I was you dad, I would have accidently whacked the guy a few times with the bat before the cops got there. I hope that SOB goes to jail!