CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Does anyone have a MR. HP end cap on their ds or have a ct, big gun, or yoshi on their ds650?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a MR. HP end cap on their ds or have a ct, big gun, or yoshi on their ds650?

i ran the mr hp endcap and really liked the power it gave and specially the sound it gave. Now i have mr hp's slip on and that this thing is amazing i love it.

by the way i have that endcap taking up space in my garage [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Does anyone have a MR. HP end cap on their ds or have a ct, big gun, or yoshi on their ds650?

I like my Mr Hp endcap, it is loud, power is great though. I would check out his pipe that he just came out with, you can run it open or with disks to quiet it down if needed.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Conducting some research about a month ago I found that alot of people across the three Bomb forums prefer the HMF for a pipe, and there is the camp that feels the stock exhaust with the end cap is the way to go.
I have Big Gun on my 03 and it added considerable gains across the power spectrum over stock. I run the Yoshi RS-3 on my 2000. Nice power, louder than stock, but very mild compared to the Big Gun. When I'm on the 03 and my son is in front, behind, or beside me, I can't hear his exhaust.
I still have my stock exhaust sitting around and am considering trying the end cap just for comparisons sake. I think for around $65, if it does what everyone says, then it is the way I would go verses the several hundred dollars that a slip on or complete system cost. Alot of folks like the stock canister with the end cap, I like my BG more than my Yoshi.
Big Gun is LOUD. I'm not all about cosmetics but the BG looks nicer IMO.

Hope this helps ya out. Good luck.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

My HPR billet end cap is great but load. Also liked my HMF pipes but they are also load. I like my HPR top gun pipe alot more, it's quitter than the end cap & HMF. The top gun pulls harder than the other two. I also like slide in disk spark arrestor on the top gun pipe. Now my HPR ugly stick drag pipe is loader than he11 but is still in a class of it's own. If your looking for a all out drag only pipe then it's the ugly stick hands down. My HMF pipes are leaving the garage so I can get another top gun pipe for the other DS when I'm not all out drag racing. I also will have a big gun pipe than will need to leave the garage when I get done rebuilding it.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I ran the Ct exhaust with an open end cap for 2years on my ds. Very good pipe with noticeable gains in power. The finish held up well and so did all the welds. Good exhaust!! The noise level is high but it didnt bother me. But thats not saying much. Cause Im running a Hpresearch drag pipe and it doesnt bother me. It does however bother everyone around me!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

HMF... no complaints.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I have run Alba, Graydon Proline (like CT). Ron Wood, Yosh, now I have the ODP tip with 16 Supertrap disk on a stock exhaust. I could not realy tell any differance between any of them. So I will stick with ODP. I am sure the CT and RW make more power But I could not tell the diferance on my rides.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

My dad and I both ride 05 DS650Xs, with the same set up. However I went with the HMF exhaust, and he went the On-Dunes Performance Spark arrested EndCap. Both were good, however that End Cap is something else. It really feels like it has a greater gain then the HMF slip-on. The ODP endcap has an awesome sound, and looks great on the bike. The best think is, it is spark arrested so you can ride anywhere, and disks can easily be removed to reduce Db levels if you ride somewhere that has restrictions. It is an all round great piece. I would get one, except I already put my money in the HMF. My brother and his buddy (both on same bikes) are getting the end cap. Needless to say, I am now looking for some more gains to keep up.

Just my opinion (and the three guys I ride with). Hope it helps you.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BillDS650
I have run Alba, Graydon Proline (like CT). Ron Wood, Yosh, now I have the ODP tip with 16 Supertrap disk on a stock exhaust. I could not realy tell any differance between any of them. So I will stick with ODP. I am sure the CT and RW make more power But I could not tell the diferance on my rides.

That's a lot of pipes with widely different power characteristics. Was each one jetted on a dyno?

Old 10-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

222 the Alba and Graydon were dyno tuned only had the Yoush for a short time (they rip me OFF) used the same set up on the RW as I had with the Graydon. With the ODP end cap I was a little rich on top and a little lean on bottom. I have made adjustments and will see how it runs tomorrow. PS as it sit now I can all most pull Olds in 4th. Time for a big bore kit.