CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

You sand riders suck

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You sand riders suck

Why all the complaints about michigan? We have a pretty good mix of Sand (Silver lake) and trails (hunreds of miles)

Old 06-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Move on out to CA, I have a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house, on a 6000 sf lot Ill sell you for 650,000, but youd better hurry, cause next week it will be worth 3/4 of a million![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zillaripper
I live on the east coast and love it. I climb the 200 foot coal piles up here in PA if you can find me a sand dune as steep as one of these ill be right out. there aint no down shifting on the side of one of these you will be on your back. or coming back down the wrong way. I actually run paddle tires and the coal is not as hard as the rocks.

Just outside Flagstaff AZ is a place called Cinder Hills OHV area. These are hills made up of tiny lava cinders, just a little larger than a grain of sand. These hills are as steep as any coal bed and a stock bike usually won't make it up, as the hlls are 1/4 mile long, or longer. In fact, going down the hill can be interesting because if you hit your brakes, you speed up.

The steep dune hills are about 300 yards long. The steepest dunes are deep inside the riding area. Pure sand can not pile greater than a 34 degree slope, wereas cinders are much steeper.

I grew up in Maryland but would not live there. The only thing I miss are steamed crabs, but there is a retaurant out that gets them and I'm going to eat a dozen on Saturday.

Move the Phoenix Az. The biggest dune riding area is 4 hrs away. Flagstaff in 2 hrs away. The beaches at San Diego are 6 hrs away. The beaches at Rocky Point Mexico are 5 hrs away. We are second or third in the nation for boat registrations as we have a lot of lakes here. Lake Havasu 4 hrs away, Lake Powell 6 hrs away.

The heat is not as bad as humidity, not even close. I'll take 110 degrees any day over 90 degrees with 90 % humidity. No bugs at here either! There are so many riding trails on public land that our biggest decision is which to ride, not were to find a place to ride. We have forests and snow on the eastern half of the state, so you can still ride through trees.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, it sucks to be me. I get to do this for a living, plus Horsfall is 90 minutes south, Winchester bay, another 30 minutes south of that and Sandlake, 2 hours north. Hmmm, decisions.... decisions.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya I hate the sand. Its for homos. If I were you I'd stay out east and tear up the funner rocky trails, the sands over rated.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2005, 06:17 PM
TPR
The Champ

Man, it must be rough having to run the NOS 650 on those lame sand dunes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yuck!!! What you need to do to max out that bad boy is go find the steepest rockiest twistiest trail and let her rip. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The Dunes.......where every line can be a new line.....

Old 06-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol!

Old 06-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

i have trails made of sand [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] doesnt get much better than that

Old 06-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Air
Pro Rider

It does indeed suck to be able to ride sand all winter then head to the mountain trails in the summer.
We might have a few screwed up laws about drinking, but Utah is a great state to live in to ride.

Old 06-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Range Rover

Sand owns you period
i take a sandy hill over anything
trail riding sucks specially if u ride fast, leads to bent rims and dents on your sh*t
stick to sand
CUZ SAND IS SICKER THAN U MR. EAST COAST HIPPIE

Quick Reply: You sand riders suck