CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

You sand riders suck

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You sand riders suck

Ok, so I go riding with my kids, and the only freakin trails out here on the east coast have rocks (and no, not baby rocks), and trees, and all kinds of hazards. In fact, we had a rider almost die Saturday night when he hit a rock goin fast and his quad flipped on top of him (brain injury, broken bones). Anyhow, so both of my kids quads break down and I have to tow them back to the trailer, and I forgot to bring my tow rope so I used my jacket which ripped. So on the ride back I think about all of us riding, and how often we break things from the crazy trails we ride on, and trying not to hit things, and then I think about all the pictures I see here on this forum, with you guys and your wide open spaces, with no boulders, trees, nothing but wide open spaces, and I began to wonder. Do you guys ever have things break down? Don't you feel slightly guilty about those of us suffering, splattered all over the rocks here on the East Coast while you guys fly in the air on the soft sand?

Old 06-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

you forgot about not getting muddy just rinse the quad off when you get home or night riding with a full moon.
and if you happen to roll one over chances are you and the quad wont get messed up to bad.
i ride both trails and dunes but the dunes rule and sorry but i dont feel bad about it.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LowRecoil
Do you guys ever have things break down? Don't you feel slightly guilty about those of us suffering, splattered all over the rocks here on the East Coast while you guys fly in the air on the soft sand?

Yes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] and No[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Hey, I'm originally from RI, so I know what your riding in!

Old 06-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

im from the east coat as well,,,,and i like to ride trails about 100% of the time

sand gets redundant after a while

trails are always different,,,and you don't need as much horsepower to enjoy them

sand eats horsepower too

Old 06-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Heck no I don't feel bad! Do you feel stupid? If you don't like where you ride, one word.........................MOVE!~!~!
Dune rider don't suck, they RULE!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Trails are my favorite. I love bouncin off the rocks and dealing with challenging of camber situations and getting myself down in areas i shouldnt be without a winch and having to wrastle and fight my way out of the pits of hell. Although dont get me wrong i Like to cut loose in the sand and just free ride and jump.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man, I feel your pain...but, I sure do like throwing a little sand every now and then [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!feel bad? No way. I used to live in Michigan......I moved out west. Presto!!!!!!!!!!!!!No more snow, mud and crappy riding spots....Oh, btw, I'm not laughing that you broke down, just that you are jealous....lmao...J/K

Old 06-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

"Don't you feel slightly guilty about those of us suffering, splattered all over the rocks here on the East Coast while you guys fly in the air on the soft sand?"

NOPE! not a bit...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

East Coast riding does suck. I don't mind riding in dirt as long as it's not muddy. We have a sand dune here in Jersey but too many guys got hurt doing stupid stuff and a lot of stolen cars are ditched there so now the area is off limits. If you get caught you risk impoundment and a $1500.00 fine. Time to move indeed.

I can foresee myself moving to Nevada next year or so.

Quick Reply: You sand riders suck