CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HPResearch crew @ Or. Sandfest this year

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPResearch crew @ Or. Sandfest this year

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Whats the difference between your bike and Erics 800? Im assuming weight difference ?

Mike the difference is Eric's is set up for 300' drags. He was running a 4' over swingarm & wheelie bar. Sandbombers bike is set up for hill shooting. 9' over swingarm & no wheelie bar. Randall was busting the tires off the line on sandbombers bike & spinning alot off the line.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Whats the difference between your bike and Erics 800? Im assuming weight difference ?
setup----im 9 over with no wheel for hill shooting, eric is 4 over with wheel for 300 feet. mine blows the tires to save a life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Glenn,

No, I dont have anymore vids with you guys - that footage was from Friday. Next time I take vids I'm going to have someone else in the starting area with a walkie talkie to tell me who is going next! Either that, or I'll have a very good set of binoculars for me. I was fighting my Nikon digicam too - So its possible I missed a few races due to the overexposure problems I was having. I'll probably use the Sony video cam next time - A lot less adjustments to screw up. By the time I reset my exposure control the DS's were pretty much done racing. It wasnt my finest piece of photography thats for sure. Oh well - I'm glad its at least viewable. I'll do better next time.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: H
Nice job HPR! I couldn't help noticing the time slips, its apparent that the TVI bike had some issues as it didn't run very good numbers at all. Not trying to start anything but I wonder how much closer it would have been if TVI was dialed in? What bike did 222 race on the last slip in sandbombers pics? It looks to me like it ran a lot faster but not as close to his dialin. Seeing as how I don't know much about this stuff I'm probably wrong, as usual.
Yep H and if a frog had wings it could fly he he he[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K You are correct we wish that it would have been a closer race also that why we had the 2nd grudge match!!! They will get another chance soon!!! Gary and team was also good sports about it!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thanks joe you are dead on

Old 07-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the only bad news for me the weekend was no time to dial in the 20mm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: afterburner
Not to nit-pick, but it's DUNEFEST. And all of you should find a way to be there! This year should be better than it's been for a few years. Lottsa horsepower showing up and lots of media coverage. Can we spell: SHOW OFF YOUR STUFF!!. I know TVI is gonna come with a couple of bad attitude bikes too. And no offense, but I can't let you guys have all the fun.....meet ya on the track! Hey Bomber, are you part of the relay grudge match this year?

You are right about "SHOW OFF YOUR STUFF!!" sounds like it was a big hit! Congrats to all the winners.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

I just unloaded a basket case quad at my house today. my son thinks he needs a drag quad now. I gotta be careful where I take him from now on. congrats to HPR. I need a mailing address scoundrel. my little women is eyeballin your T. so hurry! ronnussbaum@msn.com

also, a couple of decked out banshees at dunefest in my pics #4,6 and 7. they are not up yet though.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: busmechanic
I just unloaded a basket case quad at my house today. my son thinks he needs a drag quad now. I gotta be careful where I take him from now on. congrats to HPR. I need a mailing address scoundrel. my little women is eyeballin your T. so hurry! ronnussbaum@msn.com

also, a couple of decked out banshees at dunefest in my pics #4,6 and 7. they are not up yet though.
Tell her hands off my T........lol Addy on its way..Thanks Bro.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SCOUNDREL
Originally posted by: busmechanic

Tell her hands off my T........lol Addy on its way..Thanks Bro.
oops,email correction= ronnussbaum02@msn.com

Quick Reply: HPResearch crew @ Or. Sandfest this year