CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HPResearch crew @ Or. Sandfest this year

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 03:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPResearch crew @ Or. Sandfest this year

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Congrads Glen. Glad to see your bike doing so well. Drink me a few crowns tonight!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Been doing just that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And I did it just for YOU Mike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 04:00 AM
Range Rover

Just keep your alcohol out of site guys. i know people working the event ad the state and the county police are getting ready to come down on anyone caught with alcohol on the sand. i guess the Fullbore boys are in hot water. thier DJ got busted giving a minor alcohol on the satage and is sitting in Douglas county jail as we speak.

This is just what some of the people wanted to have happen so they can kill this event. people better get smart or this whole event will be history.

Old 07-30-2005, 04:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
I'll let him tell yall the story behind the axle...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Put it this way, I would be a lot faster this weekend if I would have kept my alum axle and wheelie wheel that I sold!!!!!! I tried a carbon axle and it busted first pull[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Originally posted by: HARD1
Glen,
Did you guy's run both bikes today??? And if so how did yours run??
Sorry guys we had to eat a little gumbo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Yes we did run the Bomber special but it has no wheelie bar and has yet to break into the #s I would like to see[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Always tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Mark, we are in camp c, we will be bracket racing tomorrow with the shees and ds, should be a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn,

I will be looking for you this morning in camp C - Look for the dark green big Ford truck with the billboard on the side! I guess I'll look for a motorhome and cargo trailer with Washington plates. Over 15000 people to sift through - WISH ME LUCK!

Old 07-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Back in the motel room to catch up on internet stuff .... I was able to hook up with Glenn (sandbomber) and also Eric and Randall. Of course, we didnt talk about business, but it was a good conversation nonetheless.

I did see Gary heading out to make a few more practice runs and he was able to get his Turbo going. I also saw Tim heading out a few times as well. I dont know what kind of times they ended up with.

Overall, I would give this year's dunefest a thumbs up. Although, not perfect for my taste, it was still fun. There were a few bored cops pulling ATVers over for going 26mph in a 25mph zone - Tell me something - Where do you get cops like that? I think the state could do better! Overall I think the event was sterile, but it was still fun. There was a lot of people, and the vendors made some money this year. As far as constructive criticism, They should consider the following changes. 1) Better ATV parking for the Vendor area. Its hard to go to the vendor area on foot or ride the silly bus. 2) Keep the vendor area OUT of the event. Simply move the main gate down another 100 yards that way people can come see the vendors without entering the main event. Right now, you cant enter without a wrist band. 3) Get some better food vendors: Come on guys, I would have ate every meal there if there was more vendors - I ended up going back to Reedsport for food - Something is wrong with this picture.

Good things to report: The crowd management people were good. They were very helpfull, and knew everything going on. Nobody attempted any searches - VERY GOOD! The "non-food" vendors were good: LTE, Mod Quad, Alba, Krazy Kevin - to name a few, had thier stuff and sold it. Nobody was raping anybody else on price. Entertainment was good - they had quads fricken jump up a huge ramp and do stunts - Definately a crowd pleaser. DO BETTER ON FOOD - take a hint. A man cant live off of elephant ears all day long [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Thats all I have to report

Old 07-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

I was pleased with the Fest over last years as well. I agree MORE FOOD. A bigger vender area would be way better. They had very good venders there, I'm quite surprised more local area dealers don't show up. Maybe if they did they should get preference to spots. Herb's had a good both as well as Trail Tech just to name a few. Maybe some monitors with Huevos video running nonstop. I took my kid on one day He had a good time. Can't they run two doziers or something to make the drag heats go quicker? Trick contest? Jump contest? Costume contest? Etc... Just some ideas to keep it jazed up. A <u>BIG THANKS</u> to Alba, TVI, Winchester, ASDA and others for keeping it going better and better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Just another little update. HPR & TVI talk the event people today to allow them to run a grudge match today. They cleaned the track up & let them run. HPR DS800 on the bottle (NOS) OEM frame takes the win over TVI's chromoly framed turbo DS800? Congrats to HPR & TVI for some good racing.

Old 07-31-2005, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I had a pretty good time, I hadn't been to dunefest since 2000 when I had a few run ins with some obnoxious cops over parking. I heard a couple stories of police harrassing people and I hope it goes smoothly tonight, I've never seen so many cops in one place as we were leaving. I just hope they don't do some kind of crackdown tonight.
This year there was parking allowed on the roadsides which helped some and plenty of helpful support people. I agree about vendor food and moving the vendor area. Those quad stunt guys are getting some real air but need to be doing their stuff while the Cats drag the track ever so slowly. The races were good but I don't know why they can't have a readout with times on it like a dragstrip ought to. Putting on a little show while the track was graded would sure help, even yo-yos playing minibike tag or something, possibly a PA with an announcer.
Over all, I'm glad we have an event like this in Oregon but I can't help feeling that it's alittle dull and missing some level of excitement that I can't quite place. I hope it grows and improves every year.

Old 07-31-2005, 04:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

OMG what a weekend!!!!! Where do I start, started with Hap getting into the final 6 in sportsman with the 14mm shee from a field of 100+ then Randall took my Blue Bus into 2nd place in pro class setting the stands in a tizzy seeing a DS smoke down the track time after time. Tvi ask us for a rematch and sure enough Eric and the HPR800 was ready with another 4.4 time to set the stage for the rest of the year 4 stroke world !!!!! Wow what a job by the HPR crew!!!! They know how to build a motor and lay it down on the track!!!!! A couple time slips on pic 7 of the results of todays match ups. Great to meet such a great group of ds riders and forum members over the weekend. Bomber

Old 07-31-2005, 09:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good Job HPR. Looks like yall will be quite busy now. I know its going to take yall a week or so to field all the calls after yall get back to Kentucky...I guess thats a good thing for all of us [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: HPResearch crew @ Or. Sandfest this year