CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sicily Island Clash

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sicily Island Clash

There will be a number of folks staying through tomorrow but there were quit a few that was pulling out today.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

sounds like a good time was had by all!!

Old 07-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had a great time at the Clash. Though being dehydrated made a 3 hour trip turn into 5. Had to pull over several times.

It was alot of fun meeting and talking with everyone. Talked with Overated, Silverbullet, CheatinMother, and the owner and Pilot of the White and Blue Raptor built by SilverBullet(Im terrible with names) for the first time.

Got to hang out with alot of others. Scholle, Mr. Meaner, Choose2lose, The Bom, Sanddraggen, RawYzf1973, Fast 69, and Ced. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Thanks to everyone for allowing me to duck under there canopys for some shade.

Big thanks to Fast69 for the help with my bike first thing Saturday morning. Glad to see you get the 800 beast running.

Now for the racing.

Finishline had the fastest running 4stroke. They beat most with there little Yzf (The same one that won the last Clash and the one that everyone saw at Aledo). The White Yzf from the last clash, (I believe the owner/builders name is Dac) did hand them several loses though out the day while on there small Yzf. Then Finishline Raceing brought out there Built Yzf. It was impressive to say the least. Finishline also had a Raptor 690 motor in a Banshee drag frame that was very fast. Along with a very quick shee on hand.

Silverbullet and The Blue and White Raptor where very strong runners. They ran hard all day and impressed me a bunch. Taking out alot of the top machines. The blue and White Raptor was using a Jtm extension on the swingarm it came out the hole like a bat out of he!!. The pilot sure knew how to ride (believe it was his first weekend on the machine).

Scholle, broke a chain Friday and unfortunately lost his transmission. He said he will be back very soon and stronger than before. Drink another one for Me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Fast69, had some early problems but got it lined out by afternoon. His 800 is very strong. If you didnt get him off the line there was no way for you to run him down. The 800's power is impressive. In 300ft. theres not alot of time to run people down but he did it many times. His setup with the new swingarm and wheelie bar made a vast improvement over the last clash. He was able to come out the hole alot harder.

The Boms 725 Pami on an 18-20 shot of Nos had all 4strokes covered except the finishline bikes and Dac's Yzfs. Those monster paddles were a sight to see. The 1 1/2 inch blades propelled his bike out the hole. A couple times The Bom almost became very good friends with a tree near the starting line (though he never backed out of the throttle). Everyone has to remember that The Bom is a 245lbs rider with no extensive lightening of the bike (takeing a guess I would say his bike is in the 440 to 450lbs range), that made his bike that much more impressive. Most of the fast competetors where guys weighing less than 200lbs. The Boms bike opened my eyes alot. If he ever decides to get serious about weight savings on his beast. Everyone will be very surprised. Id like to see the Pami motors in a light weight drag chassis and on a bigger shot of Nos.

Another of the big surprises was Chooses bike. He took out alot of competetors, and opened alot of eyes. His bike became the gossip of the Ds community Saturday. His setup gained him about 5 bike lengths over where he was at the last clash. He was hanging with bikes that were running cams, pistons, headwork, and bigger bores. With the addition of a wheelie bar hes going to shock alot more people. His bike did have some wheelie problems. The setup is a big key to his success.

Mr. Meaners bikes are always eye candy. The new Red and black bike was a strong runner and I cant wait to see it on the Juice.

Sanddraggens bike and RawYzf1973's buddies Ds( another name I forget) were strong runners aswell.

The DS community was well represented, alot of very strong runners.

As for my bike, the swingarm was a big help. Full throttle launches allowed me to get out the hole very well. But I need more power. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I had a great time and cant wait until the next one.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Good report 1bigDS!!

GOOD JOB TheBom!! Ya have to take into cosideration the bike weight and Props to Jeff Ross for piloting his own bike!!
Finishline Has been layning the smack down from what I always hear. And choose finally has his bike set up, Sounds like fun!

Old 07-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer

Good report there BigDS, wish that I could have gone, but ya'll keep talking about it for me I will keep reading and try and imagine what I missed being offshore.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry about my short report earlier!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But I just got to set and watch the video. Sorry everyone, I dont have the ability to go from my camera to my computer. I will try and work that out soon.

After watching the video, noticed a couple of things. Without proper staging lights we had abunch of earlier leavers(if you know what I mean). You see one guy leave then the rest launch.

I have about 20 minutes of video. Heres how the best of the races went that I have on video.

Race 1
Silverbullet Vs. Blue and White Raptor (built by Silver)
Half track Blue is winning by 1/2 quad, Silver Runs him down and wins by 3/4 of a bike.

Race 2
Dax(White Yzf from the First Clash) vs. 690 Raptor motor in Drag Banshee Frame.
Dragframe Raptor by 4 bikes.

Race 3
Silverbullet Vs. Blue and White Raptor
Silver by 2 out the hole and wins by 3 bikes.

Race 4
Silver vs. Blue and White Raptor
Blue gets out on Silver by 2 bikes and holds him off for the win.

Race 5
Choose2loose vs. Blue and White Raptor
Blue by 3 bikes.

Race 6
Sandraggin(unknown pilot) vs. Choose vs. RawYzf1973's buddie's Ds
Choose by 4 bikes over Draggins bike with Raw's buddies bike only a half a bike behind him.

Race 7
Choose vs. Blue and White Raptor vs. Raw's buddies Ds
Blue by 2 over Choose with Raw's buddies bike back 2 bikes behind choose.

Race 8
The Bom vs. Dax's Yzf
Dax leaves early on everyone, gets a 2 to 3 bike lead wins by 4 bikes.

Race 9
Choose vs. Finishlines big bore Yzf vs. Finishlines Shee
Big bore Yzf by 1 1/2 over Shee with Choose back 5 to 6 bikes. Choose wheelied the entire length of track.

Race 10
The Bom vs. Fast69 vs. Choose
Bom by 2 over Fast and Choose back 5 bikes behind Fast.

Race 11
The Bom vs. Fast69 vs. Choose
Bom by 3 over Choose with Fast behind Choose by 2. Fast got crossed up and almost hit Choose, had to back out of throttle.

Race 12
Fast69 vs. Choose
Fast by 4 bikes.

Race 13
Choose vs. The Bom vs. Fast69 vs. Meaner
Bom by 2 over Fast with Fast by 4 over Choose and Meaner coming up 1/2 bike behind Choose

These are the best races on my video. I only got some because I like to race way too much to be filming all day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Finishline Racing spent much of the second half of the day picking on 2 strokes with there Yzf's.

All the races usually had 4 bikes wide, but I dont know the names of the other riders.

I want to appologise to the pilots of two bikes for forgetting there names. Pilot of the Blue and White Raptor and RawYzf's buddy on the Ds. Im terrible with names.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Nice job reporting 1BigDSRider & Choosentowin.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Just want to say that was a awsomw time. You guys did a great job with the track
Hats off to them 4 stroke's .......you guys did a good job.. I will never under-estimate the power again

And it was nice to see some other fast Honda 250r's out there...

Lets do it again

Old 07-24-2005, 11:11 PM
CED
Pro Rider

Well Bigds pretty much said it all.It was a very good weekend of racing.It was nice talking to Sholle,Cheatin Mother,Meaner,Rawyfz,The Bom and family,Sandraggen,Fast69 and his crew,Bigds,Cajunatver.I tell you what the Bom's tires were a site to see,they should definitely be on a 4x4 drag truck.Finishline was fast as always,the guy's with Sholle are getting faster and faster.Oh yeah i cant forget ole Choose,what a character.Choose is getting faster and faster every time i see him,he's getting pretty good at the wheelies also.I didnt blow anything up so i guess it was a good weekend for me as well.A big thanks goes out to Choose for helping out on the drag strip.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

dang..i wish i could of went..but i couldnt of made it..choose you are going to HAVE TO make it to the river here within the next rew weeks one of my buddies has a MEAN rmz450 and i want to run you on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...

Quick Reply: Sicily Island Clash