CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sicily Island Clash

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sicily Island Clash

A big thanks to the Bom for all his help & CED without their help & good advise. I would not have gotten
to run at all. O yeah, I did not forget you Choose [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] thanks again to all that helped me out. Guy.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Had a good time but had a little scare friday. I headed to the track with Choose with my Raptor shocks on the front. Man it looked mean but wouldnt hook up. I also had some really bad handling problems with the front dropped so low. I almost crashed twice at the end and decided that was enough. Luckily Choose had a set of stock shocks. Good heads up racing with a only a few of those early launchers. I didnt really sit and check out the racing but a few really stick out. Of couse the Finish Line guys, the Bomb, Fast69, Ced, Choose and the the two 250R guys. Good fun but man was it hot I think Im still chugging the water today. I had a blast especially when all DS's would line up. 5 across and some really close runs. Thanks everyone had a good time.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for making my daughter and I feel at home and providing a hot weekend of racing. Dennis was gracious to let us in Thursday night to park trailers and quads. Choose had us laughing from the get go and me crying from the butt whoopin he put on me. Drank water by the gallon and didn't pee all weekend from sweating so much. Officer Don Moore gave me a speeding ticket for doing 65 in a 45. Who puts 45mph zones on a straight 4 lane highway in the country? Baskin, LA is who. Anyway, aside from all that, we had a great time and I will come back better prepared (no Summer months) and I will not speed through Baskin.

JMiller

Old 07-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

Sanddraggen, how long was the ride fropm St. Louis?

Old 07-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

THe weekend was great.....I think that I made 10 passes down the strip......We are still working on finding out the problem with my bike......Fresh rebuild, and I was getting beat by our other shee 2 bike lengths......before the rebuild I would take it by 5 ........So there is def a problem there.......

Ok....Now I vote that we do something for October.....By then it will have cooled down a bit and we can enjoy it alot more without the heat.....WHo is up for it and when?.......I think the weekend before halloween would be great...any suggestions?

Old 07-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Sanddraggen, how long was the ride fropm St. Louis?

It took us right at 10 hrs. to get home. That's including lunch and leg stretching stops.

JMiller

Old 07-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I just got home . I got to take the family out for a little goofing off in Hot Springs AK. It was just nice to get away.

It was a great weekend even the the 100+ heat in the mid day was tuff. Everyone was super and eger to lend a hand to help on anything. Dennis and crew was super and bent over backwards for all our needs. The money spent on just keeping the track smooth was something in it's self.

Good to meet and see all the guys ;Choose, 1Big, Meaner, Ced & group(Thanks for the water) ,Fast69, SilverBulllet and friends. and Finishline and crew.ECT......Sooo many more and my brain is mush from driving.

I injoyed the side by side racing aganist Choose, Meaner and Fast 69 . Not every day you get to race DS's that fast.

I guess my best pass I remember (when the tree wasn't trying to get me) was the one against the Finsihline red and black 450 bike. After some gear changing and new plugs I was able to run 1 good side by side, wheel to wheel pass agaist it. I think we only ran 2 all day and the 2nd one, the tree about got me so it wasn't close. I was happy for a fat guy. LOL I talked the driver after we raced, cool guy, I'm just blank on his name now.Sorry But there was lots of fast bikes. I know that the heat was hard on all them. The white YFZ's were fast as was the SilveBullet and white and blue Raptor Sorry I'm blank on your name.

I agree Lets do it again!! Just let's wait till cooler weather. LOL

Thanks to all for a great weekend.

J Ross

Old 07-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Should be a little cooler at Sand-Fest Okla. Sept. 16 and 17th.

Would have liked to make Sicily, but I am down in-between motor builds.

Okla. Sandfest will be the next race event not to be missed, run what ya brung, line up and have fun !!!!

Old 07-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

Did the dyno show? Any interesting numbers?

Old 07-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The dyno did show...and from what I heard the numbers were way lower than expected due to the temp & humidity. I seen the numbers on a bone stock brute force at 32hp. I also seen the numbers on a bigbore raptor at 44hp.

My sights are set on Sandfest aswell....with a little suspension change, I will be ready to rumble.

I talked to Dennis last night and he said that we were right on the 300 bike mark. It wasnt quite as many at this Clash as it was at the one in February...but I think we all know what contributed to that turnout....HEAT. I went to my truck at about 1 o'clock and the temp then was 106 degrees. It was scorching. I guess thats why my bike was acting sluggish off the line [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Sicily Island Clash