CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Twisted axle off on dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twisted axle off on dyno

I am guessing some large dual Lectrons

Old 07-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats a pretty good guess...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thats what we like to see. i would give anything to have my axle fly apart from to much power.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
Jeff this must be bitter sweet. Got to be thrilled with the new found power, but now you got learn how to ride on 3 wheels.
Scott,
Eric has been harping on me for a while now to loose weight on the bike, So I finally removed the cooler rack but this is getting ridiculous!!!!!! With the new power the rack may have to go back on!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2005, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Was this a stock axle? I'm guessing it was drilled or machined for weight reduction. It's interesting to know how much the parts can take as overbuilt as the DS's are.

Old 07-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Pro Rider

If it was a stock axle, it must of been damaged before the dyno run. You would think the stess the axle can withstand of these huge jumps would put way more strain on it then the rotational torque of a dyno.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

If you had it strapped down too far on the dyno, the axle would have to flex with each revolution. I don't think it would take long to stress the metal into fatigue. On a jump, the axle only has to flex once or twice. Take a coat hanger and bend it back and forth a few times, you'll understand what I'm trying to describe.

Old 07-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I dont see how it could have been a stock DS axle. The busa powered DS's and turbo busa Ds's have been running around with over 200 hp with no probs that ive heard of on the dyno.

Old 07-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

This is a good chance that it was Erics gun drilled axle so they are scrambling to get a light replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here it is only a day and a half before I leave for sandfest and my frame is at the welder getting a wheelie wheel adapted and my 20mm is 150 miles away getting finaled and dynoed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Waiting on a call for both so it looks like I will be pulling a all nighter coming up to get ready!!!!!!!!!!! Why does it seem all of us get right down to the wire before we are ready!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 07-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

OH BABY!!! That was an experience!

We were making the last NOS run and I felt a hard vibration then the bike jumped forward like it was coming OFF the dyno and at the same time threw the left rear wheel and axle 10ft behind me. The bike came back down and landed on the roller sounding like an airplane when it touches down. I was trying to bail off when the tire passed me and I saw 222 dive to the floor trying to avoid getting hit. The tire bounced off of a tool box went about 10ft in the air and landed on the front right side of the dyno and swas still spinning like a top, by then the hole room was filled with smoke from me trying to get the roller slowed down with only one tire!

This was my gun drilled axle we have always dynoed with but I guess its never been stressed that hard! I never worried about it after going 100 passes through the woops at FSW. Guess 120hp is the limit on gun drilled axles.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Twisted axle off on dyno